Has EVsEnhanced.com exited the replacement battery market?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie16

Back in Dec 2021, the folks at evsenhanced.com launched their effort to provide a Leaf traction battery replacement that includes active thermal management, using a dielectric liquid. They stated release would occur late 2022, but a year has elapsed and that has never happened. Does anyone know if they ran into technical or legal problems that have terminated the project?

I would guess it is just hard to do. And definitely hard at a financially palatable price.

I install 40 kWh, 150 mile packs with all New aftermarket cells at my independent EV shop in the US, and it currently cost $13,000. And that with discounted pricing! It can costs $14-$15,000 at other times.

This is the LRN 40 kWh pack. (Leaf Repair Network)

I thought for sure EVs Enhanced would have theirs to market by now, but I guess not. The LRN pack got there first.

I'll keep watching their progress. At this point, though, even if they get it going in their home country I'm not sure we'll ever see it here in the US.

I would guess it is just hard to do. And definitely hard at a financially palatable price.

I install 40 kWh, 150 mile packs with all New aftermarket cells at my independent EV shop in the US, and it currently cost $13,000. And that with discounted pricing! It can costs $14-$15,000 at other times.

This is the LRN 40 kWh pack. (Leaf Repair Network)

I thought for sure EVs Enhanced would have theirs to market by now, but I guess not. The LRN pack got there first.

I'll keep watching their progress. At this point, though, even if they get it going in their home country I'm not sure we'll ever see it here in the US.

Thanks for the information. I was not aware of leafrepairnetwork.com and the LRN battery. Unfortunately of the 6 businesses in the LRN network, none are anywhere close to my state (Colorado) and the lack of thermal management and fast charging for Leafs, mean these cars can't be driven long distances to repair shops. I've read that car shipping is on the order of $1000 each way, so that is quite a bit of additional cost plus the worry about whether shipping companies are trustworthy.

I addressed that issue by buying a tow dolly. I needed one to get mine home anyway, and a used dolly wasn't that much. Of course, you need a tow vehicle, or need to rent something that could tow it. Then there is the time involved to tow it.
Two of the shops, are within a days drive from me (with a tow vehicle), so that aspect is covered, but I see and share your concern.
I think the question will be, when it is time to address the range issue, is the car what I want to invest the time and money in? I think the Leaf and other small entry level EV's are going to disappear from the market, and we will be left with high end cars and SUV's in the electric market and PHEV's in the lower end/small car market. If that is the case, than fixing what you have and like, might be more palatable, then replacing with something you don't.

Thanks for the information. I was not aware of leafrepairnetwork.com and the LRN battery. Unfortunately of the 6 businesses in the LRN network, none are anywhere close to my state (Colorado) and the lack of thermal management and fast charging for Leafs, mean these cars can't be driven long distances to repair shops. I've read that car shipping is on the order of $1000 each way, so that is quite a bit of additional cost plus the worry about whether shipping companies are trustworthy.
There are actually a couple of additional LRN shops that are currently not listed. There hasn't been much demand so they prefer to remain unlisted for now. These shops are busy with other hybrid and EV repairs

Generally I take the incoming calls and field any questions about the LRN 40 kWh pack and and can link you up as needed.

I'd be interested to hear more about your project or Leaf battery needs.

Call anytime 608-729-4082

Sidenote: When it comes to covering distances under 200 miles, my customers have often sign up for the highest tier AAA membership, waited for the initial waiting period to pass (72 hours?) and then requested a tow to get their car to my shop. Just did this with a 24 ---> 40 kWh upgrade that came from Iowa to Wisconsin. 100 miles. The membership was much cheaper than the lowest tow estimate.

After the upgraded he could easily drive his Leaf home. :)

For those in Australia, Graeme suggests, in his interview with Robert Llewellyn, that they will (or perhaps do) battery upgrades for the Leaf:

Back