Give me Your opinion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gargoyle

Hi to all.

I have just purchased 2013 Leaf. And it does what I need it to do.
Problem that I have is with navigation which was never updated and it still has 2013 maps. Previous owner could not be bothered with that aparently.

I was looking for update and nothing reliable showed up. There is Xanavi.net / .ru / .it one but price is just out of this world (if price on web site is correct).

My idea is to replace panel that holds navigation and climate control from Nissan EV Navi to Nissan Connect 2 panel. From the look of it EV NAVI climate control connector is same as other one placement is similar or even same. Difference is that Connect 2 climate control has LCD and tht way I could install Connect 2 navigation or even aftermrket one.

Guys that have opened eather one of 2 types please share what You think.

THX

I don't think it is feasible to replace the navigation/entertainment system with a different model because it communicates (shares data) with other control modules and even has some of the climate control functions. Climate control timers and charge control timers are also programmed and activated through it.

The last map/nav update for Gen1 Leafs was 2018; the problem is they had to be "keyed" (via direct order) for the car, so not sure someone else's SD card would work (that's how they issue the update).
Like my wife says, you can just use your phone now.

Back