Full back-seat floormats are needed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

One of the reasons we purchased the LEAF over the Chevy Volt is the inclusion of three rear seats instead of just two. And we use all three rear seats.

Unfortunately, the non-woven fabric that Nissan used on the floor of the LEAF has very little resistance to wear and the included floor mats only cover this fabric in front of two of the three rear seats. As a result there is already quite a bit of wear in front of the middle rear seat.

What is needed for the LEAF is a rear floor mat that stretches from across the entire floor including the hump. I intend to report this to my dealer as a problem, but I thought I would post here to see if such a floormat is available in the aftermarket yet. If not, we will likely make something.

Has anyone purchased or made a "unimat" for the rear floor of their LEAF? Other ideas?

ksnogas2112 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PzHwCSh1U
Flex Seal? I guess it could tame the fraying carpet-like-material, but what I really would like is something like a carpet floormat made to fit the back of the LEAF.

+1, I personally am tired of having nothing adequate to protect the back seat.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9987
The solution that Nissan offers for floor mats is adequate for the front but not for the back seat. With two small kids my center hump is getting destroyed, and that is with Nissan's poor backseat rubber mats.
I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I wish there was a way we could band together and force a limited production from a company like weathertech.
The flex seal route is a bad idea. If you are going to do that then pull all the seats out and carpet then throw some Herculiner truck bed coating. Then you can clean your car with a garden hose and a shop vacuum.

HairyCairy said:
...The flex seal route is a bad idea. If you are going to do that then pull all the seats out and carpet then throw some Herculiner truck bed coating. ...

Perhaps in jest but to me bedliner seems like a fairly practical way to go. :cool: It's durable, low-maintenance, anti-slip, and you were never going to look at the carpet again anyway. :lol:

Nubo said:
HairyCairy said:
...The flex seal route is a bad idea. If you are going to do that then pull all the seats out and carpet then throw some Herculiner truck bed coating. ...

Perhaps in jest but to me bedliner seems like a fairly practical way to go. :cool: It's durable, low-maintenance, anti-slip, and you were never going to look at the carpet again anyway. :lol:
I was thinking that it might be possible to use a piece of clear carpet protector, of the sort that is sometimes used in hallways and on stairs. Cut to fit and it is flexible enough to fit over the hump.

dgpcolorado said:
I was thinking that it might be possible to use a piece of clear carpet protector, of the sort that is sometimes used in hallways and on stairs. Cut to fit and it is flexible enough to fit over the hump.
Sure, you can buy generic floor mats at any auto parts place. They're bound to have something that would fit over the hump.

Back