Front driver seat on 2013 SL is broken (stuck)...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLeafEV

PROBLEM
The lever in front of the front driver's seat on my 2013 LEAF SL is not engaging, so that seat will not slide forward or back.

BACKGROUND
It's tight under there but from what I can see, that grab bar is tubular metal that's basically U-shaped (the bottom of the "U" is what you're grabbing to change the position).

The ends (about 3"-4") of the tubular metal going under the seat are flattened. When that bar in front of the seat between your legs is pulled, it pivots, which engages two little tabs on each side of the seat, which in turn, allow the seat to slide in a track until released.

Dealer wanted $100 just to remove the seat (said I was looking at "probably one hour of labor."), so I want to give it a go myself first, if possible. And, no, there is nothing blocking the seat from what I can tell--will know a lot more when I can see under there!

QUESTIONS
Anyone else had this specific problem and how did you deal with it?

How do I remove the plastic shroud over the door side of the seat bottom (where the levers are located), and then, the bolts securing the seat?

What do I need to be mindful of with regard to all the electronics connected to the seat (sensors and so forth)?

Any other tips and/or potential pitfalls?

TiA! (btw, I also still own the 2014; this is a red 2013)

I am having this same issue in my 2016 SL but on the passenger side. Did you ever attempt seat removal? How did you end up resolving the issue?

Back