FREE HOME CHARGING STATION (INSTALLED)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irvinv

LIMITED TIME OFFER FROM THE CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION with AEROVIRONMENT (Our supplier for EV Charging Stations)

This program offers a limited number of free charging stations and installation to customers who meet the program criteria. Chargers will be given to those customers who apply to the program on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis through their Electric Vehicle (EV) Authorized Dealership.

The program will launch TUESDAY JUNE 11th 2013 with an initial small allotment of 50 Chargers statewide. Additional charger allotments will be released the first Tuesday of every month until all chargers and installations have been allocated.

California Energy Commission Applicant program criteria:

1)Must have purchased or leased an EV/PHEV and applied for the program at the dealership on the same day of purchase
2)Must agree to take part in a usage data survey (One-page questionnaire six months after installation)
3)Charger installation locations must be in California
4)Vehicle must have an SAE J1772 Coupler
5)Vehicle must be a passenger vehicle and able to drive on California roads and highways
6) All program applications must be submitted through dealerships at the time of purchase( Customers may NOT submit the applications themselves)

Please call me for further info (IRVIN 310-221-5119)

index_06.jpg

So, does the "exclusive use of DC Quick Charge Station" perk mean that non-customers need not darken your door looking for a DC charge?

off course NOT! you are more than welcome here and use our facility to charge your Leaf. Upon arrival, please check in with either service or the front desk of the dealership before attempting to operate the station. We have a special electronic key that authorizes the use of the station.

The station is inside the dealership gates, so it is open during business hours only. earliest you can arrive is 730am monday thru saturday. 9am on sundays and latest you should come in is around 8pm.

Thank you.

Is the AV EVSE and the installation fully funded for the customer through this program? Or is it a fixed amount of subsidy for the installation?

it is Fully funded aside from PERMITS. you are responsible for the city permits. range is anywhere from $0-$500.
The free charging unit is offered in a base install. BASE INSTALL is a charging station installed within 30 feet of your electrical box. Any further than that and you will have to just pay for the extra cost. Still a $2000 value! but you have to act fast as there are only 50 units available this tuesday. that is 50 statewide and it is open to other makes and models that use the charger.

Sorry I have not have too much time to visit here and update.

A new batch has been released and as of this morning, there are 68 Chargers left. This will include a base install along with the hardware. This is a great value and if you are in the market for an Electric Vehicle, make sure your local dealership is aware of this program. I have gotten a few calls from customers who purchased their vehicle from other delaerships who where not aware of this program. Unfortunately, only the dealership you purchased from can sign you up for the program and he/she have to do it same time you pick up your car.

If you have any questions about current lease programs/ insentives/ etc/ please do not hesitate to call me at 310-221-5119 ext 3153

Irvin

Sounds like http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/cec/cec_program_overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Glad to see they released another batch. The previous batch(es?) had run out.

I'm pretty sure this is the current program
http://www.energy.ca.gov/releases/2013_releases/2013-02-13_green_transportation_awards.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aerovironment, Inc., will receive $2,150,000 for the purchase and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment. The goal is to expand the statewide network of vehicle charging stations, to collect and analyze data to determine economic and environmental impacts, and to reduce emissions. Of this funding, $2 million will provide 770 residential Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations in both single family and multi-unit residences throughout California. In addition, $150,000 is slated to supply and install four wireless-enabled Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations in San Diego; two at YMCA locations and two at apartment buildings. These four chargers will serve customers of Car2Go, an electric vehicle car-share program. AeroVironment is based in Monrovia (Los Angeles County).

Level 2 electric vehicle charging systems are expected to become the most commonly used charging systems. They use 208-240 volt power and typically provide 10 to 20 miles of range for each hour of charging for a passenger vehicle. Level 1 charging systems use 110 volt power, commonly found in households, and typically provide 2 to 5 miles of range for each hour of charging. DC fast-charging systems typically provide 60 to 80 miles of range in just 20 minutes of charging.

So a total of 770 residential Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations will be installed. 50 in June, 150 in July. So there is ~570 for later.

Someone called my office and left a voicemail, I wrote the name and number down, forgot it in the office. . Please email me [email protected] so that I can get your contact info. Thank you.

Glad to see them releasing more. Remember, this is state wide ad all EV out there that uses the AV level two chargers qualifies. There may seem a lot, but its a pretty big region it's covering. They released in increments, I'm not entirely sure why, but I would suspect maybe its to make sure they fill their commitments and orders on a timely manner. My customers have had a turn around time of installation in a matter of days. It's pretty amazing. Glad they picked it up.

Again, i originally wanted to follow up with the person who left me a voicemail at work. i forgot the message I received from one of you guys, please email me and let's chat.

Please excuse typos, used an iPhone.

FYI, as most of you know, allocation has run out for this month.
If you guys would like to find out more about the Nissan Leaf and it's current programs and specials, I urge you to contact me at 310-221-5119. ext 3153. If I am not in the Office, please leave me a voicemail or send me an email. [email protected]

Thank you.

Back