For trade: complete Leaf emergency tire repair for SOC meter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgonzalez

Hi,

I am looking to trade have a new Nissan Leaf tire repair kit with tools for a SOC meter.
Contact me if interested, [email protected]

P1100321.jpg

You can have my spare tire "slime" !!!

You could NOT pay me to put that slime stuff in my tires. The tire pump is a relatively cheap item at Walmart, Target, Pep Boys, auto parts places, etc. the rest of the stuff, tow hook, poor quality screw driver, and cheap vinyl bag.... Not worth much.

Gotta love the lug wrench for a car with no jack. Also, you just_might_need_that parking brake release tool someday.

You do realize EVERY single LEAF came with this stuff, right? Why would anybody want yours, let alone trade you for something of value?

Good luck :ugeek:

Oh, by the way, I added a jack to my LEAF:

669299a0.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
So THAT'S how it goes in!

Thanks for the picture! I bought an Altima jack and couldn't figure out how it went in since there was no example in the car!

RegGuheert said:
TonyWilliams said:

Thanks for the picture! I bought an Altima jack and couldn't figure out how it went in since there was no example in the car!

What Jack fits the Leaf? I've been meaning to pick one up.

gsleaf said:
RegGuheert said:
TonyWilliams said:

What Jack fits the Leaf? I've been meaning to pick one up.

At the wrecking yard, I'm confident you could get them for $10, virtually unused. Everything below is for a 2002-2006 Nissan Altima; lift jack, lug wrench (and jack handle) and tire/wheel.

The Nissan Altima 2002-2006 spare wheel (rim) part number from any USA Nissan dealership:
40300-L31010. Should be 66.1mm center hub diameter.
$184

Jack: 99550-L31001
$33.08

Lug wrench: 99545
$7.15

The official Nissan spare tire for the LEAF is a T125/90D16 98M. The Jeep Grand Cherokee uses that tire, for instance.

The wheel (rim) part number is 403001ya7a that can be ordered from a Nissan dealership outside the USA. Good luck finding one. Price is big. Should be 66.1mm center hub diameter.

The jack part number is 99550-3ND0B and sells for UK £233.00 ($357 plus VAT and shipping and import duties). See below price of Altima jack in comparison.

The tool kit 99501-4J800 and sells for UK £113.00 ($173 plus shipping and government fees/taxes). You already have a lug wrench in a USA spec'd LEAF, so you shouldn't need this.

Found this ad with a quick google search for the spare tire size "T125 90D16 98M":

Spare Tires T125 90D16 98M(^#^) - $20 (Richmond)

Date: 2012-01-08, 12:08PM PST
Reply to: -----

Bridgestone compact spare tire (Made in Japan) T125 90D16 98M c/w 5 bolts' rim. Bolt pattern 5x114.3 mm. Came off a Infiniti J30, may fit other type of vehicles. Price... $20

Note from me: Sometimes the bolt pattern may be in English measure, which is 5x4.5 inches. Also, Infiniti is a Nissan product.

TonyWilliams said:
At the wrecking yard, I'm confident you could get them for $10, virtually unused. Everything below is for a 2002-2006 Nissan Altima; lift jack, lug wrench (and jack handle) and tire/wheel.

Sweet, thanks for the info!

the jack i use is from a 2004 Toyota Prius. the jack is simply a lifting device. nearly EVERY jack will work. as far as lug wrench, have not used the OEM version in decades. i have a cross wrench. 3 different sizes and yes (as always) one of them works for the LEAF

also have a small tool box i carr.., oh wait!, never mind that. forgot the tool box is for the bikes.

So I'm a bit confused about the spare tire still. Is there a vehicle that matches the Leaf? I'd love to go to the junkyard and get a spare for that vehicle and have it work. From what I'm reading matching the rim may be tricky.

gsleaf said:
So I'm a bit confused about the spare tire still. Is there a vehicle that matches the Leaf? I'd love to go to the junkyard and get a spare for that vehicle and have it work. From what I'm reading matching the rim may be tricky.
The "Spare Tire Carrier" link (from Tony's sig) includes details on that: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=175401#p175401" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Leaf came with two emergency tire repair kits.

TonyWilliams said:
You can have my spare tire "slime" !!!

You could NOT pay me to put that slime stuff in my tires. The tire pump is a relatively cheap item at Walmart, Target, Pep Boys, auto parts places, etc. the rest of the stuff, tow hook, poor quality screw driver, and cheap vinyl bag.... Not worth much.

Gotta love the lug wrench for a car with no jack. Also, you just_might_need_that parking brake release tool someday.

You do realize EVERY single LEAF came with this stuff, right? Why would anybody want yours, let alone trade you for something of value?

Good luck :ugeek:

669299a0.jpg

Back