FOR SALE: 2011 NISSAN LEAF Located in Phoenix, AZ

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKF757

2011 Nissan Leaf SL for sale by owner -- no sales tax. 16,200 miles. CLEAN TITLE and CLEAN CARFAX - I had it checked out by Nissan. The carfax, inspection and battery report is available for your review.

This car is in near perfect condition. Interior looks new, outside is not all dinged up. This is truly a MUST SEE! Car is white in color with 2 tone grey interior. This is the better SL model (difference between the SL and its lesser SV are the SL's solar panel integrated into its rear spoiler, a rearview monitor built into its navigation display, a standard cargo cover, fog lights, auto headlights and a HomeLink Universal Transceiver).

Again, outstanding condition -- really. Has Leaf floor mats, LED headlights, UV-reducing solar glass, plus I added window tint. Factory 16-inch alloy wheels, push-button start, and keyless entry. 6-speaker sound system with XM satt radio, and inputs for your iPod, factory advanced navigation system and Internet/smart phone connectivity to the vehicle.

Has two charging receptacles: a standard SAE J1772-2009 connector for level 1 and 2 charging (120 or 220 volts AC) and a JARI high-voltage (440) DC connector. The standard outlet trickle charger comes with the vehicle.

PRICE is $17500 and it's FIRM.

PM me if you are interested in viewing the car. If you're not interested, please post your entertaining comments below.
Thanks
Andy

"2011 Nissan Leaf SL for sale by owner"

Why does your Craigslist ad included a picture of a 2013 SL? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/4187103863.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, how firm is $17,500, considering you previously listed the vehicle as $18,500 firm?

I'm sure you can find an uneducated consumer somewhere to overpay, but not here.

TomT said:
Sorry, but I'd run as far and as fast as I could from a Phoenix car unless it spent its entire life in a refrigerator...
Unless Nissan upgrades them all to a new heat resistant battery in another year or so, in which case used AZ Leafs will have turned out to be the smart choice.

True, but I don't think I'd risk buying one now on such a shaky proposition...

LTLFTcomposite said:
TomT said:
Sorry, but I'd run as far and as fast as I could from a Phoenix car unless it spent its entire life in a refrigerator...
Unless Nissan upgrades them all to a new heat resistant battery in another year or so, in which case used AZ Leafs will have turned out to be the smart choice.

I also noticed no mention whatsoever about how many capacity bars are left, in either this ad or the Craigslist one. I'm also dubious about the car being able to do 70 miles on an 80% charge after two years in Phoenix as per the Craigslist ad.

palmermd said:
Interesting that it shows Andy (AFK757) has zero posts. Also, I thought that you could not post a classified as your first post to MNL?
Could it be that AFK757 is really theaveng? If so his incitements are getting more clever and subtle. Quite humorous too. I might have to leave his alter ego off my ignore list for the entertainment value.

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome....

-I have the battery report and will gladly show it or post it here if someone is really interested.

-I didn't post actual pictures b/c I figured people who are looking for a leaf knows what it looks like. I have updated the Cl ad to actual photos.

-Per the terms, I donated and am able to post a classified since I am a "supporter"

-I list all CL ad's price as firm to keep people from emailing offers on stuff they never have looked at. After a week with only a few inquiries, I decided to lower the price. Is that not allowed Berlino?

-I will double check car fax but I believe this one spent most of it's life in California (I own two Leafs)

-I have been called a lot of things but never "theaveng" Not sure if I should be bragging or complaining about that.

Any more questions?

Andy
Phoenix, AZ

AKF757 said:
I have the battery report and will gladly show it or post it here if someone is really interested.

The Nissan battery report really means nothing. It can show 5 stars and still have a reduced capacity battery. If you have a gid meter that can show how many gids are left on a full battery, that may be more helpful.

[/quote]The Nissan battery report really means nothing. It can show 5 stars and still have a reduced capacity battery. If you have a gid meter that can show how many gids are left on a full battery, that may be more helpful.[/quote]

If you're interested in purchasing my car, bring over your gid meter and we'll check it out. If not, why are you (and the others) trying to pick apart the ad (and my car)?

Andy

The problem is that other Phoenix cars have lost as many as 5 battery bars. You may have the exception but most of us have heard all about high temp area cars. Nissan has even bought back a few.

AKF757 said:
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome....

-Per the terms, I donated and am able to post a classified since I am a "supporter"
Andy
Phoenix, AZ

Sorry it was not as warm a welcome as it should have been. I was mostly curious about the fact that it shows you have zero posts after I was clearly responding to a post, and now that you have posted twice more it still shows that you have zero posts...very strange.

As far as the terms, good to see they updated the terms to allow you to sell something on your first post (as long as you are a supporter). I think that makes sense, I seem to remember it was setup so that you had to be a participating member (meaning you have several posts under your belt) before you could post to the classifieds. Either method seems to work, but the current version is better for those who have been long time lurkers and then decide they want to post a classified ad. Sounds like this was your case and it worked.

Anyhow, welcome to MNL...now if we can just see how to increase your post count.

edit: after posting this response, I noticed that my count did not increase...seems the counter is not functioning for anyone.

The Nissan battery report really means nothing. It can show 5 stars and still have a reduced capacity battery. If you have a gid meter that can show how many gids are left on a full battery, that may be more helpful.[/quote]

If you're interested in purchasing the car, bring over your gid meter and we'll check it out. If not, you are you (and the others) trying to pick apart the ad (and my car)?

Andy[/quote]

You said in your original post here that :
"If you're not interested, please post your entertaining comments below."

I'm not interested for sure. I had a 2011, lost capacity, sold it back to Nissan. Been there done that. Wouldn't bother making my comment above except I saw that you're asking for it, so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Don't care to pick apart the ad or your car. Just stating the fact based on my own actual experience with my own car in AZ.

Gid meter would be nice but if you don't have a gid meter, why don't you reveal how many capacity bars you have left on your dashboard display? It's not as accurate as the gid meter but it would still count for something. First bar counts for about 15%, each subsequent bar counts for about 6% capacity, I think.

Side note: I don't know why my BBCode is OFF for this particular thread. It seems to work fine on other threads. If anybody has an idea why, I'd appreciate hearing from them. Thanks.

AKF757 said:
If you're interested in purchasing my car, bring over your gid meter and we'll check it out. If not, why are you (and the others) trying to pick apart the ad (and my car)?

Why not just tell us how many capacity bars are left, or better yet post a pic of the capacity gauge? Again as you said we know what a Leaf looks like. What we don't know (without going all the way to Phoenix) is how much battery capacity is left on your car.

Sorry if it comes across as nitpicking, but with all the controversy here about premature capacity degradation, it's not an issue the Leaf community takes lightly. That's why we're skeptical of an ad that conveniently leaves that info off, and especially when the person who posted it is now becoming defensive about it.

The Nissan battery report really means nothing. It can show 5 stars and still have a reduced capacity battery. If you have a gid meter that can show how many gids are left on a full battery, that may be more helpful.[/quote]

Andy[/quote]

I would gladly come there and connect my LEAF SGII which will read out the %. Gids can be obtained by conversion. Then you can post and or tell a prospective buyer how many Gids and % it has so they can be informed before purchasing.

[/quote]I would gladly come there and connect my LEAF SGII which will read out the %. Gids can be obtained by conversion. Then you can post and or tell a prospective buyer how many Gids and % it has so they can be informed before purchasing.[/quote]

LEAFfan - I appreciate the offer! I would like to have you check both of my cars. I live in central Phoenix, near the Biltmore. I will PM you my info....

And you are welcome to post the results here since it's not an "issue the Leaf community takes lightly."

Andy

AKF757 said:
-I will double check car fax but I believe this one spent most of it's life in California (I own two Leafs)

Maybe you should post the carfax, it would be useful to a potential buyer to know how long it was in CA, and specifically what part of CA .

If you need to check, I'd guess you bought this car recently, maybe at auction?

There are people looking for a used LEAF, some of them actively on this forum, you should be able to sell it.

I would gladly come there and connect my LEAF SGII which will read out the %. Gids can be obtained by conversion. Then you can post and or tell a prospective buyer how many Gids and % it has so they can be informed before purchasing.[/quote]

LEAFfan - I appreciate the offer! I would like to have you check both of my cars. I live in central Phoenix, near the Biltmore. I will PM you my info....

And you are welcome to post the results here since it's not an "issue the Leaf community takes lightly."

Andy[/quote]

Any updates on the battery capacity? Is the car still available?

Back