First time owner - EVSE Decision

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, new owner and first-time poster here. Just wanted to express my gratitude for your helpful comments here. Just reading this thread from start to finish has been invaluable in bringing me up to speed, clarifying equipment options and preferences and the proper course of action to take so that I can discuss in detail with the electrician. It's really not that complicated to understand, all in all, but until now it's been difficult to find unbiased sources with real-world experience to help me separate the wheat from the chaff. (Also, oddly, many sources assume you were born with instinctual knowledge of all the related jargon.) This forum is immensely helpful for EV newcomers. Many thanks!

You're welcome, collectively speaking. ;-) It's a shame there aren't any FAQs in readily-accessible locations on this site, because EVSEs would definitely qualify for one.

TonyWilliams" JESLA can also be set up for the following circuits said:
Just Plug-N-Charge[/i](™)

Up to 50 amp circuits, with the following convenient interchangeable plugs:

NEMA 5-15 - household plug @ 12 amps
NEMA 5-20 - higher amperage household plug @ 16 amps
NEMA 6-15 - typically used for 240 volt air conditioners @ 12 amp
NEMA 10-30 - older electric clothes dryers @ 24 amps
NEMA 14-50 - RV parks @ 40 amps using "50 amp service"

Automatic voltage from 100 - 264 volts

Automatic amperage adjustment, up to 40 amps (on a 50 amp outlet)

Very portable, only 8 pounds, and super flexible

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/JESLA-is-THE-40-amp-J1772-portable-charging-solution-JESLA.htm

Neat! I hadn't seen this setup before. I actually have a NEMA 5 - 20 circuit at work, that my OEM EVSE only pulls 12 amps from. Would be nice to increase that by 25% while charging during the day (which I am learning could be useful during the winter!).

Of course, the price is what it is (for now?). I am going to stick with my OEM charger, for now, but will re-consider the JESLA before I buy the inexpensive Home Depot unit for home.

Back