February orders - any open yet? and reservation date spread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm 8/14 reservation date but am waiting for Ecotality to do assessment. What date do you think mine will open up?

lc96, What community do you live in? Your dashboard will likely not open until your Ecotality staus has been resolved.

ic96, If you are Etec approved, your dashboard would likely open around the middle to latter part of next week. However, you will likely have to wait until you resolve your status with Ecotality. I recommend you call the Local office of Ecotality and spur them on to get their inspection completed. The local office telephone number can be found on Ecotalitys web site.

Only one report so far of a February dashboard opening. Have any additional dashboards opened?

Well, its time for Nissan to start opening February dashboards. It should happen this week (probably tuesday). Nissan needs about 9 days in February to open aprox. 1800 dashboards. Nissan, my son has an August 14 reservation and wants his " when can I order" anxiety to end.

so they open up these 1800 dashboards, wait for some orders , do some clean up into un-answered RAQ

then it 1st 2nd week March, factory is rolling, lot-O-leafs

maybe tier 2 opens? maybe demo cars for high selling western state tier 1 dealers
fleet cars, (lets hope not before tier2)

then on to building my cold pkg equipped SL !!!!!!!!!

and shipping it to VA

come on Nissan!

It is unlikely, in MY mind, that Nissan would open up all "36-forgotten" states at the same time. I suspect that additional "EV-Ready" areas (and states) will gradually be added to the initial rollout areas/states. IMO

As some POSSIBLE indicators of "EV-Ready" status, one might check:

a. the percentage of dealers in the area have "installed" LEAF-Service areas.
b. if the PUs for the area have (or are getting) special EV-Charging rates.
c. number of "public" EVSEs being installed.
d. if building-permit departments know how EVSEs are to be installed.
e. for local or state EVSE or EV-related Rebates, tax credits, etc.

I do know Nebraska is one of the leading states when it comes to Natural Gas. I imagine we would be one of the "Forgotten 36" that can handle an electric car as well.

Update: (14 Aug reservation, Feb order month, Seattle area) EV project approved me last week, on Wed. My account at Nissan still says Etec pending status. I wonder how long it takes to change to approved? I called that Nissan number in the account, quite unhelpful.

LEAF Customer Service (CS) is 877-664-2738

If you can ask for specific help with an issue that they can actually do something about, they seem quite willing to help.

If one calls to complain about Nissan corporate policy or strategy, one typically gets less satisfactory results.

You might call EVProject and see if they have "transmitted" your approval to Nissan.

My RAQ just opened. ------- Reservation date 7/28/10 San Diego CA

We have some exciting news. You can now request a quote* from your local Nissan Dealer and place an order for your Nissan LEAF™.

We appreciate your support of Nissan LEAF, and we're happy to say that you'll soon be one step closer to owning one.

Delivery will take 4 - 7 months from when an order is placed.

To get started, click below. (Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM)
----------------
Thanks for submitting your request for a quote* on your Nissan LEAF™. Your dealer will get back to you soon with more information and will be happy to discuss any questions you might have.

(Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:00 PM)
---------------------
We're happy to say that you can now see the current price of your Nissan LEAF™.

Just click below to view the price from your local Nissan Dealer. Of course, your dealer will be happy to answer any questions you have.
(Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM)
---------------------
Congratulations, your order for a Nissan LEAF™ has now been confirmed. We'd like to thank you for your business and for supporting our goal of making electric driving a reality for everyone.

Your Nissan LEAF will take approximately 4 - 7 months from your order date to its arrival at your dealer.

If you have any questions about your order, your Nissan Dealer will be happy to help.
(Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM)
-------------

Now its back to the waiting game :? It most likley won't be until July that I get the thing.

Leland said:
7/25/10 Reservation. RAQ just opened up.
shtimseht said:
My RAQ just opened. ------- Reservation date 7/28/10 San Diego CA
Here's my prediction, assuming this means Nissan is going to really open up February orders tomorrow and work through them at the same pace as previous months.

Code:
Reservation   RAQ             Reservation     
Sequence      Date            Date
17000         01/27/11        07/17/10
17001         02/15/11        07/25/10
17002         02/15/11        07/28/10
...           ...             ...
17334         02/17/11        07/29/10
17668         02/18/11        08/03/10
18001         02/21/11        08/17/10
18334         02/22/11        08/21/10
18668         02/23/11        08/26/10