eVgo rolls out California Pricing website

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

eVgo has rolled out a new webpage that outlines their pricing / offerings for EV drivers in California...The initial Freedom Stations that are being rolled out in the first year are currently under construction...

https://www.evgonetwork.com/charging-plans-california/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy said:
eVgo has rolled out a new webpage that outlines their pricing / offerings for EV drivers in California...The initial Freedom Stations that are being rolled out in the first year are currently under construction...

https://www.evgonetwork.com/charging-plans-california/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any info on the locations either planned or "currently under construction"?

The locator map shows none in CA.

I believe the one operable location in Daly City (just South of SF) is still not "officially" open yet.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/10098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Randy and edatoakrun!
Thanks for your interest in eVgo. The first Freedom Station is open and functioning at Westlake Shopping Center in Daly City, Calif (402 Westlake Center at the corner of John Daly Blvd and Lake Merced Blvd). We have more Freedom Stations coming online soon, and we’ll announce them as soon as they are ready via our site (http://www.evgonetwork.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and on our Facebook page. If you are interested in reading today's announcement about the Daly City station you can view it here: https://www.evgonetwork.com/kimco-brings-nrg-evgo-electric-vehicle-fast-charging-to-westlake-shopping-center/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have a Great Day,
Carly Kade (eVgo Communications)

I visited the web site: https://www.evgonetwork.com/charging-plans-california/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I see monthly prices, but no details. What are the terms of the subscription for the In-Home charging stations? Does the home subscription include access to public eVgo stations? Are there other costs for getting the home station installed? How long is the subscription term ? Prices subject to change? I filled out a contact me form, but why not post the details on your web site?

Hi solarman!
To thank early subscribers for their interest in the network and invite EV drivers to visit our first Freedom Station sites, we are offering an introductory 60 day promotion that will enable early subscribers to only pay $7.95 for unlimited access to our first Freedom station sites as we continue to build our network.

As we develop the Freedom Station network, we are working to identify a comprehensive pricing program that is simple and easy to understand for California EV drivers when announced. We are also working to identify a comprehensive pricing program that also includes home plans (available in October 2013), work plans and multi-family plans.

We welcome input from the California EV community during this time and look forward to introducing a plan structure that empowers the EV community in the state. We encourage EV drivers to share their thoughts via email at [email protected] through 9/23/2013.

An eVgo representative will reach out to you from the contact form you filled out to help answer your home plan questions! Don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions.
My Best,

Randy said:
eVgo has rolled out a new webpage that outlines their pricing / offerings for EV drivers in California...
Judging the amount of flak that Blink/Ecotality received for their $5 per-session charging plans, I don't expect eVgo's $9.99 per-session charging plan to be well received, either. Come on guys - bill by the minute! Nearly every single time I've needed a QC I only needed/wanted a 10-15 minute charge. I very rarely drive _that_ far beyond single-charge range that I would need a full QC.

And despite the fact that my average cost to charge at home for the last 12 months is slightly more than $30, I still dislike the idea of a flat $29.99 home charging plan.

drees said:
Randy said:
eVgo has rolled out a new webpage that outlines their pricing / offerings for EV drivers in California...
Judging the amount of flak that Blink/Ecotality received for their $5 per-session charging plans, I don't expect eVgo's $9.99 per-session charging plan to be well received, either. Come on guys - bill by the minute! Nearly every single time I've needed a QC I only needed/wanted a 10-15 minute charge. I very rarely drive _that_ far beyond single-charge range that I would need a full QC.

And despite the fact that my average cost to charge at home for the last 12 months is slightly more than $30, I still dislike the idea of a flat $29.99 home charging plan.

The terms of the CPUC Settlement require them to implement ala carte session pricing (called Pay-as-you-go pricing) with a stated minimum ($7) and maximums for peak ($15) and off-peak ($10).

See page 2:
https://www.evgonetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NRG-Leave-Behind-1-EV-Infrastructure-Agreement-4-27-12-FINAL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy said:
The terms of the CPUC Settlement require them to implement ala carte session pricing (called Pay-as-you-go pricing) with a stated minimum ($7) and maximums for peak ($15) and off-peak ($10).

See page 2:
https://www.evgonetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NRG-Leave-Behind-1-EV-Infrastructure-Agreement-4-27-12-FINAL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The wording says "Pay-as-you-go pricesfor Freedom Stations will be no more than $10 per charge during off-peak hours and $15 per charge on-peak.". I interpret that to mean that they could easily charge by the minute as long as it doesn't cost more than the pay-go rate. Never mind what is the definition of a "charge"? If you plug in a depleted 85 kWh Model S into a CHAdeMO, they will be losing money at $10 / charge. What if the Model X comes out with a 120 kWh battery? "Per charge" pricing just doesn't make sense on so many levels...

I hear you....

From what I've heard and seen about the business case for public charging...Monthly memberships at a reasonable price are the way to make it pay off financially for the providers.

There's only so many $7 or $10 charging sessions they will sell, but I would pay for a reasonably priced all you can eat membership. Some months I might use it twice, some months 8 times, some months 15, some sessions longer, some shorter, but the revenue flows every month no matter what....Then I'm not worried about session pricing, by the minute pricing, etc. Connect and grab what I need for that particular trip...One price....

Randy said:
I hear you....

From what I've heard and seen about the business case for public charging...Monthly memberships at a reasonable price are the way to make it pay off financially for the providers.

There's only so many $7 or $10 charging sessions they will sell, but I would pay for a reasonably priced all you can eat membership. Some months I might use it twice, some months 8 times, some months 15, some sessions longer, some shorter, but the revenue flows every month no matter what....Then I'm not worried about session pricing, by the minute pricing, etc. Connect and grab what I need for that particular trip...One price....
The big rub is that a monthly payment implies a monopoly situation. I simply cannot pay two or three different providers on a monthly basis, yet I see little value in not being able to use a significant number of the public charging stations in the area. I've already run into one station I simply can't use because it's a GE Wattstation and apparently requires a PayPal account to use (I swore off PayPal when it took over a year to cancel my account). Monthly fees seem like a non-starter from the consumer end.

eVgoNetwork said:
... To thank early subscribers for their interest in the network and invite EV drivers to visit our first Freedom Station sites, we are offering an introductory 60 day promotion that will enable early subscribers to only pay $7.95 for unlimited access to our first Freedom station sites as we continue to build our network. ...
Since there are so few stations, I'd suggest coming up with an introductory pricing that will last until my area is built out to a certain extent. If I were to sign up today, likely that 60 days would be gone before I even got to use one of your stations. Maybe $7.95 for 50 charging sessions so that it lasts until I get the chance to make some use of it?

Happy Friday!
I wanted to clarify the current pricing for California and let you know that there will be more options to come soon...

To celebrate our new NRG eVgo Freedom Station at the Westlake Shopping Center in Daly City, we’re offering an introductory 60-day promotion. Early subscribers will pay just $7.95 for unlimited access to our first Freedom Station site as we continue to build our network. The $7.95 gets you unlimited access for 60-days and $9.95 is the pay per use for those that are not interested in signing up for the $7.95 plan.

While we are offering pay-per-charge as an available option, our focus is to develop a fair and thoughtful pricing plan that gives EV owners the peace of mind of knowing that they get the same value whether they charge at home or in the network, starting with our first site in Daly City.

We are in the process of developing a comprehensive pricing plan which will be announced in October that will offer more options based on your driving needs.

Most of all, we want to talk to you! As we develop the Freedom Station network in California, we are working to create a simple and easy to understand pricing plan. We want to hear your thoughts on what you want so we can create a plan that is fair and thoughtful and empowers your California EV community. Email your feedback to us at [email protected] by Monday, 9/23/13. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Have a Great Weekend,

Back