EV Connect Issues (February 2021)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejm4

Started having problems yesterday with EV Connect app. It would say it would not connect. This morning it tells me my username and password are not correct.

Anyone else having this issue?

Same here. The app indicates incorrect id/password when I know entered is correct. I tried accessing my 2016 via the Nissan website and received this error:

"We are aware of an issue impeding access to this service for some users. We expect to resolve this issue soon and ensure all services are available to you. Upon completion of this fix, we will notify you via email. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Server Error, Try Again Later"

Logged in on nissan website.

We are aware of an issue impeding access to this service for some users. We expect to resolve this issue soon and ensure all services are available to you. Upon completion of this fix, we will notify you via email. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Server Error, Try Again Later

gillmj24 said:
Logged in on nissan website.

We are aware of an issue impeding access to this service for some users. We expect to resolve this issue soon and ensure all services are available to you. Upon completion of this fix, we will notify you via email. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Server Error, Try Again Later

Thanks for the update.

8:35pm EST, 2/9/21. I can "log in" via the app and it gets past the erroneous "incorrect username/password" but the app still displays data from Sunday the 7th in the afternoon.

Logging into Nissan Owner portal like I did this morning, and it hangs. Went to nissan finance to pay my lease online, and it won't even let me log in there, says "technical difficulties, please check back later." Will they charge late fees if payments were due today?

Let's hope just technical difficulties and not some major hack has occurred.

ejm4 said:
I suppose this is why it didn't work...

No, the source code leak reported last month has nothing to do why EV Connect is having another of it's on-again/off-again bouts of connectivity issues right now.

(and that's just a reddit post pointing to a month old video about the source code leak)

It appears that Nissan finally got their Connect EV servers working correctly again. I was able to update status through the iOS app last night, received text messages, and received email messages in accordance with my settings. It has not been working correctly for me since late January, but I knew I had not done anything to change settings in the car so just waited until Nissan finally fixed it on their end.

Stanton said:
Still no luck here...and I didn't get my "charge stopped" text yesterday either.

Mine still wasn’t working either. I had to call Nissan Connect support and have them remove and re-add my car. Then I logged into CarWings in the car and it started working again.

Ludrus said:
Stanton said:
Still no luck here...and I didn't get my "charge stopped" text yesterday either.

Mine still wasn’t working either. I had to call Nissan Connect support and have them remove and re-add my car. Then I logged into CarWings in the car and it started working again.
Hmmm...makes me wonder if I shouldn't try pulling the fuse. I don't subscribe to the "remove/re-add" thing, but the fuse pull usually works.

Stanton said:
Ludrus said:
Stanton said:

Hmmm...makes me wonder if I shouldn't try pulling the fuse. I don't subscribe to the "remove/re-add" thing, but the fuse pull usually works.

It can’t hurt to try the fuse pull. I have to do that about every 3 months or so. But this was different. I could turn on climate control and update stations but not update charging status. So this time my issue wasn’t resolved until having them remove and re-add my car. Pulling the fuse is an easy thing to try first though.

Stanton said:
Ludrus said:
Stanton said:

The fuse pull reset is OK. I recommend against allowing Nissan Customer Service representative(s) delete your car from the system because it can be difficult to get it "reinstalled". I am not sure if mine is fully fixed because I did not get plug in reminder email while parked at home last night, but I get all other notifications and I can update status as well as remotely start climate control.

Back