Driver's ED in 2012 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatricioEV

My 15 year old daughter is just learning to drive. She always wants to take the LEAF instead of our Subaru Outback XT wagon because she thinks the Subaru is "loud and harder to drive!" The more I think of it, the LEAF is about the perfect beginner car for Driver's Ed because of how smooth and quiet it is. Once she's more comfortable with the concept of driving in general, we'll introduce the distractions of the internal combustion engine! She's doing great btw. :)

GetAttachment.jpg

My son--who also is learning to drive--requests/prefers to drive my Leaf as well, but since I'm so protective of it I only let him drive it to/from school ;)

Yeah..

I have a Leaf, a Prius and an old behemoth Expedition. My 17 y/o prefers the Expy because its familiar to her, and drives the Prius with some nagging (and reminding that SHE buys the gas for the Expedition, but mom fills the Prius (about once every 4 weeks).

I am trying to get the kids to try the Leaf, as its actually worth less than the Prius currently. My 15 y/o is next up with a license. I don't do collision or comp, so I figure, they may as well drive the least valuable vehicle.... (Expy excepted -- 12 mph disqualifies as valuable, period...)

Man you can really tell who does and doesn't have kids.
I had to read this thread to figure out why somebody was having Erectile Dysfunction in their Leaf?
Whew!
I've got a 2012!
Had me concerned there for a second

KillaWhat said:
Man you can really tell who does and doesn't have kids.
I had to read this thread to figure out why somebody was having Erectile Dysfunction in their Leaf?
Whew!
I've got a 2012!
Had me concerned there for a second
:lol:

That's what the Smart Electric Drive is for!

I take the opposite tack. I think someone should learn to drive in the most difficult to drive vehicle, not the easiest... That's how it was with my Dad when I learned to drive and I think I was a better driver for it...

The Leaf is a great choice for a teen driver if you want to keep the kids on a shorter leash. Maybe it even has a little too much range :) When my teen kids mentioned that they took the Jeep from their mom's house in Ohio to Key West without anyone figuring it out...... Well I was a little upset to say the least!

Back