Do You Really Need A Brain?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camasleaf

I always wonder how people can see and have memories when in clinical death, since their brain is not active. Now I found an answer, well :shock: ... more than I expected.

http://www.foodforthemindandfireforthesoul.com/is-your-brain-really-necessary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now there is hope for everybody to be a genius :lol: .

camasleaf said:
I always wonder how people can see and have memories when in clinical death, since their brain is not active. Now I found an answer, well :shock: ... more than I expected.

http://www.foodforthemindandfireforthesoul.com/is-your-brain-really-necessary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More food for thought: Why are people so affected by traumatic brain injury or stroke...according to the article this shouldnt have catastrophic effects, yet it does.

klapauzius said:
camasleaf said:

More food for thought: Why are people so affected by traumatic brain injury or stroke...according to the article this shouldnt have catastrophic effects, yet it does.
Interesting video. That's the question that popped into my head too. According to his theory, the explanation would be that the physical damage to the brain damages the transducers which would now fail to tap into 'cloud intelligence'...thus the failure to function.

Just for the record..I am not defending his theory. :)

jackal said:
klapauzius said:
camasleaf said:

Interesting video. That's the question that popped into my head too. According to his theory, the explanation would be that the physical damage to the brain damages the transducers which would now fail to tap into 'cloud intelligence'...thus the failure to function.

Just for the record..I am not defending his theory. :)

Surely we dont know too much about how the brain works, but you need it. I think the cases described are all congenital, so the connections were growing in this environment. It is generally assumed that the connections, not the neurons play the critical role. Also note that the article incorrectly stated that the people had "no brain", while in fact he had some, he had just a big liquid filled space where we have white matter.

The idea that the brain is merely channeling something is wrong. Yet another case of deliberate misunderstanding of science , because it makes for a good story.... :x

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS4PW35-Y00[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZTCK8ZluEc[/youtube]

Not even worth addressing the patently false assertions (Example: "Scientists have virtually abandoned the search for a memory place in the brain.") Just sit back and watch the videos. :lol:
=Smidge=

Smidge204 said:
Not even worth addressing the patently false assertions (Example: "Scientists have virtually abandoned the search for a memory place in the brain.") Just sit back and watch the videos. :lol:
=Smidge=

Nice videos...Its just depressing that this dualism-nonsense needs such an elaborate refutation...apparently 90% of humanity lives still in the middle ages (mentally).

Smidge204 said:
=Smidge=

While the videos are very interesting they assume that we can model "consciousness, mind, soul" at our level of understanding. What I mean it is similar to the idea of a 2 dimensional being that can not possible see/experience the 3rd dimension or being fully aware that all it sees in its 2d world is just a plan section of the real 3d world. If consciousness, mind, soul are 3d "substances", in the 2d world they can can be seen partially, changing or not seen at all, while still existing and moving unchanged in their 3d world.

Fortunately (or not) I had a personal experience that did make me wonder if we are more than just the body. Well, I guess I will die and I will see :lol: .

camasleaf said:
Smidge204 said:
=Smidge=

While the videos are very interesting they assume that we can model "consciousness, mind, soul" at our level of understanding. What I mean it is similar to the idea of a 2 dimensional being that can not possible see/experience the 3rd dimension or being fully aware that all it sees in its 2d world is just a plan section of the real 3d world. If consciousness, mind, soul are 3d "substances", in the 2d world they can can be seen partially, changing or not seen at all, while still existing and moving unchanged in their 3d world.

Fortunately (or not) I had a personal experience that did make me wonder if we are more than just the body. Well, I guess I will die and I will see :lol: .
Hmmmm. . . Will you tell us about the afterlife then?
If you carry your thought experiment on, you will find that a 2d beeing can understand 3d . After all we understand spacetime, which is 4d.

Back