Do you expect leather option in a $32K car?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DanCar said:
I do. :) Some high quality perforated synthetic leather would also be good.
First - as opposed to some that say the LEAF isn't $32k, that it is $25k after incentives - you're right... it's $25k after incentives. The price of the car is $32k plus.

The price of the LEAF cannot be compared to the price of a non-electric vehicle when comparing trim levels. It is not the trim levels (options, features, etc) that are increasing the price of the car. It is the drivetrain. The cost of the drivetrain (currently) is significantly more expensive than the drivetrain found in a conventional internal combustion engine vehicle. Even when compared to the only plug-in hybrid available right now (Chevrolet Volt), the cost of the Volt is significantly higher, even though the battery (the most expensive single component in the EV drivetrain) is much smaller, and thus much less expensive, in the Volt. A fully loaded Volt is somewhere around $45,000. A fully loaded LEAF is somewhere around $35,000. $10,000 buys a lot of "stuff".

EVDRIVER said:
If the car were $36K I would want snake skin on the dash and giraffe on the seats, at a minimum.

I want one of those little giraffe's.....

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkB9OT2XVvA&NR=1 [/youtube]

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0fa_BaljjQ&feature=related [/youtube]

Herm said:
I dream of a Leaf with a bench seat and no center console, pushbutton gear selection on the dash.. and the seat back folds completely flat. Teenagers everywhere will love it.
Bah.. you had me at "no center console", and I haven't been a teenager for a long time.
Seriously, that whole joystick console is a waste of space.

GroundLoop's Three Button Dash:
  • Forward
  • Reverse
  • Off

This would be right next to the "Regen Strength" More&Less buttons, of course.

Back