Disney concert hall Los Angeles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kataphn

We went to a performance tonight in the LEAF. Once in the structure we were hailed by an attendant asking us if we needed to charge. We didn't but asked where the station was. He indicated by pointing. We drove over that way expecting to see a level 2. No dice. Puzzled, we circled back to him. He pointed again and walked over. He was pointing at a level 1 outlet on one of the columns! We explained to him our confusion and thanked him for looking out for EV drivers. Entire conversation conducted in Spanish and I am rusty which probably contributed to confusion. We then drove around looking for outlets. They are there but not plentiful. One even had one of their little electric forklift things plugged in.

gbarry42 said:
Level 1 would work well...if you were going to see Wagner's Ring cycle :lol:
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Besides, dinner and a concert can easily take 4 hours, which could net you 20 miles or more even on L1.

The parking structure beneath the Music Center has 120v outlets in about half of the support columns. We plugged in L1 last time at the Taper, and got back up to 80% during dinner/show (ate locally and walked).

BudRaymond said:
Next time park across the street at DWP headquarters. Free parking and free use of L2 chargers.
So the DWP lot is now open in the evening? I was there a year ago and was told by the guard closed at night and 4 hour limit.

It's already getting crowded there though. When I was there most recently this last weekend, I took the last L2 available... So, you can usually park there, but you shouldn't absolutely depend on getting a charge there... It also, technically, closes at 10pm.

BudRaymond said:
Next time park across the street at DWP headquarters. Free parking and free use of L2 chargers.

jpa2825 said:
May be addressed elsewhere, but what is the etiquette on just plugging in to a regular outlet that has no signage indicating it is available to EVs?

My rule here is that if the outlet is unlocked and powered, and I can park safely/legally next to it (i.e. not stretching the cord so as to trip passers-by), it's fair game. There's hardly any tariff structure in place that would allow me to impact the account holder's bill by more than about $1/hour, which in terms of what I generally pay to park, is trivial (probably 1/3 of the fixed fee to park at the Music Center for perhaps a 3-hour show, max?).

Back