Dealer took back my $7500

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

I have a 2011 Nissan Leaf that was a 3 yr lease beginning 12/15/2011.
Nissan have agreed to take car back under the Florida Lemon law (I complained about the abysmal mileage every month to the dealer) I was told they would refund all the money I had spent on the car thus far, which made me very happy

I received the Acceptance of Vehicle Repurchase offer which deducted 32477 miles in usage ($10,373.00) in addition they are deducting the $7500 tax incentive that was taken off the price of the car in the original lease.

My question is am I entitled to that $7500 as I have had the car for 27 months. and if so should I contest the $7500 deduction Nissan is taking or try to claim it from my 2014 tax bill?

In addition they are charging me $0.31 a mile where as the overage stated in the lease is $0.15 a mile over 45k miles.

Thanks for any advice

Brightonuk said:
... I was told they would refund all the money I had spent on the car thus far ...

...in addition they are deducting the $7500 tax incentive that was taken off the price of the car in the original lease....

... am I entitled to that $7500 as I have had the car for 27 months. and if so should I contest the $7500 deduction Nissan is taking or try to claim it from my 2014 tax bill?

If they're refunding all your payments then it's like the transaction never happened. You don't get the tax break on money you didn't spend.

Nubo said:
If they're refunding all your payments then it's like the transaction never happened. You don't get the tax break on money you didn't spend.
+1

Nissan gets the tax break on a lease. There is NO $7,500 tax benefit to you in 2011 or 2014.

FL Lemon law should provide the basis for the 31 cents per mile for the use that you did get from the vehicle.
Lemon law does not provide you with completely free use of a car for 27 months.

Effectively Nissan is the Purchaser of the Leaf, and therefore got the tax credit. You only "rented" the Leaf at a rate of $0.31 per mile of usage.

Thanks for the responses

I don't have any regrets with the Leaf (only ran out once 200yds from home)
I applauded Nissan for bringing an almost affordable EV car to market,
I was one of the first to take delivery in Florida.
I still remember putting down a deposit the day I got the email that introduced the Leaf then waiting 18 months before I picked it up.
Finding this site and watching the postings of the boat schedules along with the other early adopters, all looking at possible vin#s for the cars coming in.

Going to the dealer where the whole staff wanted to see this new electric car.

I will never go back to an ICE the Leaf brought a whole new experience to driving to me along with a vision of the future

And of course the knowledge that OPEC was getting just a little less in revenue ;)

http://fuopecinteriordesigns.yolasite.com/our-style.php

My Leaf was one very special motor :D

Brightonuk said:
Nissan have agreed to take car back under the Florida Lemon law (I complained about the abysmal mileage every month to the dealer)
Doesn't the mileage depend on how efficiently you drive? How many miles per kwh were you getting?

Brightonuk said:
I will never go back to an ICE the Leaf brought a whole new experience to driving to me along with a vision of the future
What is the replacement? Great to hear you are still on board with the EV program ;)

I drove mostly xpressway aver 55-65 in eco and feathering on B roads, using eco mode as much as I could or switching to eco to slow down, rolling to red lights trying to get as much as I could but still trying to drive within traffic conditions

Tesla S

Picked it up 12/05/2011 so it was a 2011 I guess

So how does that work when you lemon law a lease? They refund all the lease payments you made minus 31 cents a mile for what you drove?

Back