Chevy incenting dealers $1500 to sell demo Volts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SteveInSeattle said:
GM clearly wants to reach their 10K sales goal for Calendar Year 2011, and that will be much better PR than all of the headlines that they came in second to the Leaf and missed their goal.
GM marketing has already tried to walk back expectations of 10K sales by trying to change that to 10k produced (which they already have). Ofcourse official statements from the past can't be easily walked back.

The $1500 sounds like the holdback the dealer gets when they sell the cars for which they have been invoiced ($1200 plus $300 for the trouble). In any way, the Volts seem to be brand new, "zero"-miles cars in perfectly good re-sellable condition

I do not know of other demos, but my Nissan dealership has a demo car that arrived with over 11 thousand miles in the ODO; not what I would call a "new" car.

Maybe the LEAF demos are the cars that were put through months of testing before the first deliveries?

amtoro said:
The $1500 sounds like the holdback the dealer gets when they sell the cars for which they have been invoiced ($1200 plus $300 for the trouble). In any way, the Volts seem to be brand new, "zero"-miles cars in perfectly good re-sellable condition

I do not know of other demos, but my Nissan dealership has a demo car that arrived with over 11 thousand miles in the ODO; not what I would call a "new" car.

Maybe the LEAF demos are the cars that were put through months of testing before the first deliveries?
Maybe some of the LEAF demos are the cars that were used as part of Nissan's "Drive Electric Tour".

As far as I remember, the Drive Electric Tour used pre-production cars without VSP and with all the stickers inside doors and hood in japanese

Back