Charging rate?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maini

Is there a way to look into the Leaf's menus etc to figure out at what rate it is charging at?? Does it show somewhere it is connected to a L1 charger or L2 charger?? If on a L2 charger what Amps it is pulling etc?? I did search the forum and did not find anything.. also looked into the App when it was charging it does not show any indication at all of what is the rate it is charging at... Thanks for the inputs.. The only thing I see is tile to fully charge when using trickle, 2.8Kw or 6.6Kw chargers.. nothing about the Amp rate being fed in...

There's no UI to tell you amps nor watts nor voltage other than 120 vs. 208/240 (can't tell the difference between the two).

You can tell if you're on L1 vs. 3 kW vs. 6 kW via the time estimate given in the Nissan Leaf app, on the black & white dash display, and in your case, on the charging timer screen accessible via the Zero Emission button.

For L2, if charging on a ~16 amp 208/240 volt EVSE, it'll select 3 kW. For a ~30 amp EVSE, it'll select 6 kW. For something in between like the 20 amp Clipper Creek LCS-25, it'll be wrong. I've never plugged into a 20 amp EVSE, but that's what others have reported.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15009&&p=338038#p338038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a link to what the profile looks like on a 240 volt 30 amp EVSE.

maini said:
Is there a way to look into the Leaf's menus etc to figure out at what rate it is charging at?? Does it show somewhere it is connected to a L1 charger or L2 charger?? If on a L2 charger what Amps it is pulling etc?? I did search the forum and did not find anything.. also looked into the App when it was charging it does not show any indication at all of what is the rate it is charging at... Thanks for the inputs.. The only thing I see is tile to fully charge when using trickle, 2.8Kw or 6.6Kw chargers.. nothing about the Amp rate being fed in...

Here is what a typical charge cycle looks like for me on a 6.6 Kw Charger. I typically charge when I have less than 20 miles showing on the GOM. So this is not a "full" cycle charge but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

App should show L1 vs L2 vs L3.

With some experience the time to charge vs the battery level will indicate 3kW or 6kW charging or something in between.

Back