Charging protocol

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think that being a european charger (at 220-240V) makes a difference on this?

Yes, but not because of the voltage. I think that the Euro spec Leafs have this feature, at least through 2015, and that the North American spec Leafs do not. This does need to be tested, however. Consider this a request for volunteers. :)

LeftieBiker said:
Do you think that being a european charger (at 220-240V) makes a difference on this?

Yes, but not because of the voltage. I think that the Euro spec Leafs have this feature, at least through 2015, and that the North American spec Leafs do not. This does need to be tested, however. Consider this a request for volunteers. :)

I don't have any problem on doing more tests :) just tell me about.

One more test that I thought is to try this same thing but using the Air Condition to push cold air (like in summer) instead of hot air, and check with the OBDII if the main battery is used on that operation...

Regards.

I appreciate the offer, but what we need now is people to test North American Leafs, to see if they have any of this programming. I'm thinking of a certain guy who will occasionally borrow his wife's Leaf for testing while she isn't home...

Last edited:
Back