Charger fan on/off when almost 100%. Est till full erratic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 9549

I've noticed several times now when we're charging to 100% that it gets near 100% then starts acting weird like charging is switching on and off.

Parked in the garage I can hear a fan that comes up presumably to cool the charger. I can hear the fan spin up and down and up and down when in this mode. If I power up the car and look at the time left its flashing between the 3.3kw and 6.6kw ratings and both are flashing.

If I pause the charge at the EVSE and restart it seems to continue with no problem. Fan spins consistently and the display reports charge time for 6.6kw reading.

Is this normal? Could it be related to my EVSE, the Seimens versicharge? Does it indicate some problem with the PDM?

If I pause the charge and restart, does that count as recharging from almost full and cause potential warranty problems w Nissan?

There is no fan in the charger there is a fan in the cooling system and cycling is normal. The EVSE has nothing to do with this and it is likely the t-stat cycling the fan as needed.

Back