Chargepoint - What does "Restricted" mean?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tps

Interestingly, 8 Coulumb Chargepoints suddenly showed up on the map in Center City Philadelphia, marked as "restricted". I went for a look last weekend, and according to the attendant at the Convention Center parking garage where they are located, they are "restricted" to cars which pay to park in the garage. Since it's a public garage where anyone can pay to park, is this really a restriction? I thought "restricted" was used for Chargepoints that were at say, for instance, a company parking lot where only employees can park...

These 8 chargepoints showed up quietly with none of the fanfare that seems to happen on the west coast. Maybe Nissan is unaware that Philly is apparently quietly building out charging infrastructure, and thus has placed us "low on the totem pole" so far as the rollout is concerned.

Presumably, any requirement that prohibits immediate, free, unqualified access to a charger is some type of "restriction".

Locked gates or doors are one type of restriction (severe), and charger/parking use limited to patrons of a specified store is another type of restriction (slight).

Access restricted to days and times can really be annoying. Arrive and start charging only to be asked to leave minutes later when the facility is closing.

A GOOD database would contain all this type of data, including usage fees, and have filter profiles to eliminate leading you to charging stations that will not be suitable for your vehicle AND your intended use.

Back