Charge Cycle Count?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mxp said:
That Leaf owner's use case (only quick charges) is an interesting data point. I recall here on a particular thread ( I forget ) that quoted that Nissan Japan has data on someone similar who had frequently QCed their Leaf multiple times on a single day. Not sure if anyone in the Nissan Japan Leaf forums have further info on that as well.
As EVs get adopted by more consumers, we'll start to get apartment and condo dwellers who can't charge at home, even level 1, due to HOA restrictions, cost to install or billing issues. QC is going to be great for these people! It's also very useful for supporting EVs that you rent from a traditional car rental company.

Enterprise– the first car rental company in the U.S. to offer the extended-range electric Chevy Volt – already has introduced EVs in Southern California, Texas, Tennessee, Hawaii and New York. Last month, the company also launched a 12-month EV pilot, involving eight Peugeot iOn cars and 11 charging stations, in London. Furthermore, Tayloris announcing the expansion of his company’s EV program in Portland, San Francisco and Seattle. Even more electric vehicles – including Chevy Volts, Mitsubishi i-MiEVs, Peugeot iOnsand 500 Nissan LEAFs – will be added in several new markets through Enterprise’s neighborhood locations, local business rental programs and WeCar car-sharing.
http://www.enterpriseholdings.com/press-room/enterprise-holdings-continues-nations-largest-electric-vehicle-rental-roll-out-but-chairman-and-ceo-warns-transition-should-remain-evolutionary.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Electric Vehicles are a great option for short trips around the city or even weekend getaways. With plenty of trunk and passenger space, the Nissan Leaf is perfect for when you need to pick up the kids at soccer practice or load up on groceries. The smart EV and Mitsubishi i are compact and easy to park or maneuver in city traffic. Perfect for taking a few friends shopping around town. We think you'll enjoy driving our diverse fleet of Electric Vehicles and invite you to try one out today!

Know Your Recharging Options
Recharging options are only necessary if you expect to take the vehicle out of its range. Otherwise, you can return the vehicle at its current state of charge and we will fully charge the battery for you at our location. Please see our FAQs section for Recharging Options when traveling out of range.

Don't Panic!
It's common for first time Electric Vehicle drivers to feel "range anxiety". Remember, all of our Hertz On Demand vehicles include in car access to our 24 hour Member Care Center, and are ready to assist you at the press of a button. If you are worried you won't make it back to the location with enough charge, just call our Member Care Center at 1-877-654-4400. They will be happy to guide you to an alternate drop off point or help with roadside assistance.

Driving an Electric Vehicle can be a fun experience and the more you drive the more confident you will feel behind the wheel. Not only are you driving tomorrow's mobility today, but also helping to make a difference in reducing vehicle emissions to the environment - and with the help of thousands of Hertz On Demand members like you, that's a big difference!
http://www.hertzondemand.com/newyork/About/EV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herm said:
I really dont think battery life will be an issue in the UK, you guys have a moderate climate.. even if you used an L3 charger exclusively.

I don't really believe that our climate is going to be a problem with QCing either. As I've posted before, Nissan tested the LEAF QCing here during the hot summers (118 degrees) to simulate 8 years of charging and found that QCing up to 6X a day will not degrade the pack any more than L2 charging. I just verified that info today at ECOtality's office with the tech that was working on the two QChargers there (waiting for UL approval). He said Nissan used ECOtality's Japanese QCharger to do the tests and he actually saw them testing the LEAF with QC.
Btw, they are expecting UL approval in about a week and will post it on the Blink website when they are ready for public use. Exciting times! :mrgreen:

Back