Charge at RV site.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trentr - That's where we made reservations! I wonder if we can do that also. Did you camp in Valley View 1 while charging? How long did you leave your car at the RV site to charge? What did you use to charge? Thanks in advance!

I had called a couple of times with questions before booking online. The first person said, "no, but yea" re getting a site without an RV. So I took it as "it's ok".
Then on the subsequent call, a different person said "no". I read the rules and it does require an RV to occupy a RV site. So we planned to be on the safe side. (There was a RV park that we had called for a trip home from SoCal that didn't allow tent camping.) Hmm... we'll check with the ranger if we stay. We'll definitely spend some time in Gilroy, but it'll minimalize charging time if it's available while the car is idle in the park!

RonDawg said:
Although some have questioned its accuracy, if the OP has an SV or SL model, he can use the CarWings route planner to see if he may have to charge along the way. Click on "Energy Usage Database" for a graph of the elevation changes along the way.
Out of curiosity, can Leafers who got theirs well before RonDawg comment on whether the taking into account elevation changes was a semi-recent enhancement?

Can '13 Leaf S owners/lessees w/o Carwings use it?

Back