Change In Conservative Tone Too Late for Volt/other EV's?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaslessInSeattle

Here is a decent article addressing the shift in conservative media about the Volt and asking if it is too late to save the car/EV's?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com////chevy-volt-electric-car-backlash_n_1392742.html

I'd like to think the purveyors of EV BS at Fox have ended up with egg on their face, coming from the only source they care about, other conservatives. A jump in sales for the Volt or any EV's right about now could be critical to getting past this rough start!

GM firmly laid down with conservative snakes a very, very long time ago. And now they're complaining about getting bit. Let them figure it out for themselves.

The clowns at Faux News aren't stupid; they say whatever gets them paid, just like Rush, Hannity, et al (and Ed Shultz, et al, on the other side). Infotainment.

So, the mantra of Muslim Kenya born Devil Obama who gave your tax money to GM, so that everything is bad about a GM Volt that Obama forced them to produce, and will force good, honest Christians to drive when they know God told them to drive Diesel club cab pickups to church.

Now, a huge shift, with the talking points sent to them. Why? Did the Repubs plan this, like they have with other talking points for Faux? If so, what's in it for them?

This change didn't happen without direction and probably cash behind it. I'll bet it only continues to cover the Volt and other EVs don't get much buzz, or even continue the rhetoric against them. If so, I'd guess that it's a straight back door cash deal from GM.

Faux is killing the sales, that no amount of expressive advertising will counter, so you go to the source, pay 'em off, and git-r-done.

TonyWilliams said:
...and Ed Shultz, et al, on the other side
That makes no sense. There isn't any talking points going over to liberal talk show hosts - you can see that by looking at the way they argue things. They don't use any talking points. There is an interesting question on this on Fresh Air to Maddow - check it out.

The real kicker will be if very soon Faux becomes pro Volt and anti-EV. That's what I would look for. If that happens then we will know exactly what is going on. Gasoline Motors a subsidiary of Big Oil, begins to fear that they may indeed lose their EV "format war" to an actual EV. Since an actual EV cuts off oil cleanly, Big Oil makes a phone call to Faux and says "lighten up, the Volt is a great way to string people along at 35mpg while they think they're driving an electric car".

Let's see what happens.

Perhaps that is what is happening but if I was single and could make do with one car, I would be doing much of the driving I currently do with the Leaf plus our other ICE vehicle but with just the Volt, little if any net gain for big oil... that day to day short commute can be gas free with the Volt. in this way, the volt surpasses the typical "keepm' on the sauce" hybrid. I think that some relatively level headed conservative pro EV'ers have started calling BS on their lies in a way that is getting some traction, that's probably what is causing the about face.. Liberals can call fowl all day and Fox listeners just write it off as liberal propaganda... the moment it comes from a respected conservative it threatens Fox's credibility. Fox has been so heavy handedly against EV's that they can't just ignore the turn. they have been purvayers of out right lies about EV's in a way that at least some listeners are catching on to. I suspect that some actual EV owner comments in the comment sections may be winning over a few moderates too! While they are truly infotainment, they have a lot of folks taking what they say as gospel. Wouldn't it be ironic if more Fox followers follow suit and start buying EV's than environmentalists who categorically don't buy new cars. the pro nationalist/independence from foreign oil crowd may end up being more resolute about it... it will be very interesting to see how this unfolds.

TRONZ said:
The real kicker will be if very soon Faux becomes pro Volt and anti-EV. That's what I would look for. If that happens then we will know exactly what is going on. Gasoline Motors a subsidiary of Big Oil, begins to fear that they may indeed lose their EV "format war" to an actual EV. Since an actual EV cuts off oil cleanly, Big Oil makes a phone call to Faux and says "lighten up, the Volt is a great way to string people along at 35mpg while they think they're driving an electric car".

Let's see what happens.

Back