Chademo Score Card: Eastern TN: 6 - So Cal: 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The city of Atlanta, GA is going to be getting 2, courtesy of Nissan:

http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?&id=3186&allImage=1&teaser=nissan-donates-two-electric-car-quick-chargers-atlanta&mid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
So Cal is this || close to having 2 - the one at the San Bernadino 7-Eleven is pretty close to being online! And I'm helping (in the background) Cal State Fullerton in their effort to obtain one of the low-cost, Nissan branded units for an install that could happen pretty quickly if it all comes together. So stay tuned for more information on that!

Nice! Where's the 7-11?

saintyohann said:
The one in Sherman Oaks is a 240v 70A Tesla unit, not a QC.
WHAT ?!?
Then WHY does the plug share say THIS :

wvuc2h.jpg

Nothing chafes my hide worse than seeing maps that show non-existent chargers. We got some yay-hoo down here just south of the 405 fwy / el-toro "Y" at a local hotel that has a similar misleading icon on the map. (sigh)

hill said:
saintyohann said:
WHAT ?!?
Because Plugshare doesn't appear to let one specify "Tesla HPC" as a station type.

But guess what? I just changed it to "EV Plug (240v J1772)" which is closer to accurate than CHAdeMO (and you can make your own changes, too). Feel free to leave feedback for the plugshare guys.

drees said:
hill said:
saintyohann said:
WHAT ?!?
Because Plugshare doesn't appear to let one specify "Tesla HPC" as a station type.

But guess what? I just changed it to "EV Plug (240v J1772)" which is closer to accurate than CHAdeMO (and you can make your own changes, too). Feel free to leave feedback for the plugshare guys.

Correct. This is crowd share data. If any of us notice a mistake, simply make it right. The data is as good as we are willing to make it :)

hill said:
saintyohann said:
WHAT ?!?
Ah, the joys and sorrows of crowd sourcing...

Commercial directories (Carwings, Blink, Chargepoint): all incomplete. Most accurate, with notable exceptions like Carwings listing Nissan dealers who will not allow Nissan customers to charge, and Blink listing private EVSE locations in their public directory. Generally no way to review locations to warn other drivers of erroneous entries.

Crowd sourced - Plugshare: Searchable via web, iPhone, or Android. Most complete and up to date, but with more incorrect entries. Best bet is a location with lots of positive and few negative reviews, and then read the reviews to decide for yourself. For this location drees changed the incorrect Chademo Plugshare entry to J1772, also incorrect but arguably less so. The notes do say "Tesla HPC" but don't disavow the Chademo nor J1772 misinformation.

Crowd sourced - Recargo: Practically searchable via iPhone only. But... if you're looking to confirm a particular listing, a Google search of Recargo's web pages can give you the information you need. For this location, searching on the phone number listed in the Plugshare directory takes you to http://www.recargo.com/sites/2234 which notes this is a Tesla HPC.

Web sourced - Google Maps: Mostly good for a laugh. E.g., for this location, searching for "EV charging" leads you to Costco and to Victoria's Secret.

walterbays said:
Web sourced - Google Maps: Mostly good for a laugh. E.g., for this location, searching for "EV charging" leads you to Costco and to Victoria's Secret.
They were just leading you to the places you wanted to shop at while charging. :lol:

Make that four now in AZ. Besides the two at ECOtality, Bell Ford and Riverview Toyota have QC Blinks installed, but not operational yet. I asked ECOtality why a Ford and a Toyota dealer would have them when the Focus EV doesn't have a QC port nor the Prius. They didn't know why, but they told me we can use them free of charge when they go online.

LEAFfan said:
Make that four now in AZ. Besides the two at ECOtality, Bell Ford and Riverview Toyota have QC Blinks installed, but not operational yet. I asked ECOtality why a Ford and a Toyota dealer would have them when the Focus EV doesn't have a QC port nor the Prius. They didn't know why, but they told me we can use them free of charge when they go online.

It is odd they would install a charger that vehicles for sale on the lot can't use. Wouldn't that drive purchasers elsewhere? Unless they hope to trade LEAF's for Focus EV's and support their second hand dealer lot :)

JPWhite said:
LEAFfan said:

It is odd they would install a charger that vehicles for sale on the lot can't use. Wouldn't that drive purchasers elsewhere? Unless they hope to trade LEAF's for Focus EV's and support their second hand dealer lot :)
Or perhaps attract LEAF and i-MiEV owners to stop by their Ford dealership with QC to have them take a look at the Focus EV? It's a stretch, but I'm at a loss. Especially given the cost of a QC setup.

It looks like Atlanta may be getting 2 Quick Charge stations soon courtesy of Nissan. Anyone in Atlanta to confirm or deny this article ?

http://goelectricdrive.com/NewsEvents/LatestNews/tabid/142/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/365/Nissan-Donates-EV-Quick-Chargers-to-Atlanta.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How do I get my hometown on the donation list ?

Has the tide turned, as only Blink can do it? The Cracker Barrel L3s often showed as off-network, but then for several weeks they showed as available. Now they don't show at all. I had hoped to make a solo electric road trip up to Chattanooga (the rest of my family has too much sense). This has put a real crimp in the plans.
blink.jpg

DaveinOlyWA said:
latest report; WA will get 9 QC's by feb 15th.
Dave - It's May now ... 3 months past the feb point. Plugshare only shows 4 QC's. So, waaht happened to the other 11? Oregon mush have swiped 'em . . . . they've now got a dozen or so. Way to to Oregonians!
:)
So Cal ... the largest population base has moved up to a whopping 3
:?

JPWhite said:

It sounds like someone at the dealership got scammed :)

Free charger?.. sign me up for that!

^ Well Toyota is in fact a member of the CHAdeMO Association... but I have no idea what the Ford dealer was thinking.

Latest word; had very "tentative" date of May 19th canceled and now we are looking at June sometime. of the 11, only 3 sightings have been reported. so it sounds like the construction is still on hold.

we are getting very little information and the info i have has to be pieced from several different sources

Back