Celebration ? First In The World Delivery of a Nissan LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFer

What's the level of interest of Northern Californians joining the "First In The World Delivery of a Nissan LEAF" at the Petaluma dealership next Saturday ? And does Nissan even want us there ? What are the arrangements ? How big a deal are they going to make of it ? Will Plug-In-America be there in an official capacity ? EAA ? Governor ?

( I am hearing Volts might be released this coming week, but the 12/11/2010 delivery of the LEAF to an actual customer will probably beat the Volt. )

Comments ?

( Edit: I should say "Production LEAF" ... Lance Armstrong had first dibs. But I don't recall a celebration. )

Nissan told me that they're planning on making the event public.
I can't really say a lot right now - I want to let Nissan make its announcement--, but for the ones willing to attend, plan on being in San Francisco at about 1:30pm.
People closer to Petaluma should plan on being there around noon, but my sense is that Nissan is pushing for the bigger thing being in SF.

gudy said:
Nissan told me that they're planning on making the event public. I can't really say a lot right now - I want to let Nissan
make its announcement--, but for the ones willing to attend, plan on being in San Francisco at about 1:30pm. People closer
to Petaluma should plan on being there around noon, but my sense is that Nissan is pushing for the bigger thing being in SF.
If anyone could provide links to video of either of the events, that'd be wonderful.

Wouldn't it be cool if Nissan put some LEAFs on display in malls for this shopping season? I bet local dealers would be happy to staff them and answer questions!

Dealers probably would not want to be bothered babysitting a model that they cannot sell, is "highly" discounted, and cannot even take orders for. They (most likely) have to "move" a lot of year-end inventory to be able to pay the bills!

gudy said:
Nissan told me that they're planning on making the event public.
I can't really say a lot right now - I want to let Nissan make its announcement--, but for the ones willing to attend, plan on being in San Francisco at about 1:30pm.
People closer to Petaluma should plan on being there around noon, but my sense is that Nissan is pushing for the bigger thing being in SF.

So Gudy, What are the specifics of the delivery? I have some friends in the bay area and they want to know an exact location. Any other details about how to attend would be appreciated. Thanks

The weather is supposed to be very sunny and clear Saturday. I suspect they might use Crissy Field for that iconic shot with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. That is only my guess on where to have the ceremony.

Found this on the SFEVA discussion Forum:

> From: Ron Coury <rcoury@...>
> Date: December 4, 2010 3:15:17 PM PST
> Subject: Northbay Nissan LEAF
>
> To all my friends, I would like to invite all the wonderful folks in the EV community to join us for the first delivery in the WORLD to a customer of the Nissan LEAF. Without all of your support this would not have been possible. We will be making history this Saturday December 11th from 11:00 to 12:00.
>
> Where: North Bay Nissan 1250 Auto Center Drive Petaluma CA 94901.
>
>
>
> Please forward to your friends.
>

MaryC said:
The weather is supposed to be very sunny and clear Saturday. I suspect they might use Crissy Field for that iconic shot with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. That is only my guess on where to have the ceremony.

I can just see it now....

"Ok, Gudy, let's get a shot of you driving away. Just go out a little and come back in case we need to shoot it again."
"Let's do that again, the light wasn't right."
"CUT! Again, sound wasn't rolling!"
"Cut, one more time please, and this time, use your turn signal."
"CUT!!! DON'T RIDE THE BRAKES!!"
"Cut...."
"AGAIN!"

etc.etc.etc.

At days end, everyone wraps up and get's ready to leave...then and ONLY then does Gudy realize that he doesn't have enough juice to get home. HAHAHAHAH Ok, so I'm evil.
:mrgreen: :twisted:

So now Im confused. Is the first delivery happening at North Bay Nissan or somewhere in the city of San Francisco? I think the two are pretty far apart.

funny ;)

The location they have picked in SF apparently has (or will have) a charging station. I've checked on google maps, and I haven't seen any using streets view.

As long as it's not the AV truck which runs on a gazoline generator, I'm fine with the idea, as it'll give me some extra electrons to get back home.

But I agree that I wouldn't mind having my picture taken with the golden gate bridge in the background. They haven't said anything about that, but again, I don't have much information yet.

gudy said:
funny ;)

The location they have picked in SF apparently has (or will have) a charging station. I've checked on google maps, and I haven't seen any using streets view.

As long as it's not the AV truck which runs on a gazoline generator, I'm fine with the idea, as it'll give me some extra electrons to get back home.

But I agree that I wouldn't mind having my picture taken with the golden gate bridge in the background. They haven't said anything about that, but again, I don't have much information yet.

Remember: The camera adds 10 pounds.

(MAN! I don't know why I'm in such an "insert Dr. Evil laugh here" mood today!!)
:lol:

TRONZ said:
So now Im confused. Is the first delivery happening at North Bay Nissan or somewhere in the city of San Francisco? I think the two are pretty far apart.

I get the keys in Petaluma, I think that part of the press will be there. Then I drive to SF for their press conference, where my wife and kids join me, and then we all leave to our home in Redwood City.

Jimmy,

That's fine, something tells me I won't run out of battery on that day ... they couldn't let that happen :)

I'm wondering if they'll ask me to drive slowly (as in 55mph) on the highway from Petaluma to SF.

gudy said:
funny ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The park in front of SF City Hall has several street located J1772 charging stations now. Maybe this is the location for the ceremony?

gudy said:
TRONZ said:

I get the keys in Petaluma, I think that part of the press will be there. Then I drive to SF for their press conference, where my wife and kids join me, and then we all leave to our home in Redwood City.

Ahhh got it! AND I like what I'm hearing! I am thinking (framing my fingers up like a director), You get the first LEAF and go on a nice 45ish mile trip to the big city (no gasoline needed). Nissan proudly welcomes you and your family. Maybe the kids even plug in the L2 before the Press Conference. Afterwards San Francisco (should be sunny) will be filled with driving up and down beautiful hills, Lombard St etc. Maybe take a quick tour to an L3 for photos and a demonstration. Dinner. Then a relaxing drive home. I think Nissans biggest problem will be way too much great video of your delivery day! It should be very fun stuff! Congratulations!

Back