Carwings down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gbarry42 said:
ttweed said:
The same Customer Service that helped us get our cars originally? :lol:
Ya, those CS guys, but at least they were supposed to be the Carwings support experts (option 6 on the CS phone tree). :D

Turns out what they told me to do didn't work. Resetting my account had no effect on the car being able to connect to the data center. Called them back and they said to drive around until I got a strong signal which would turn the connectivity icon on the Carwings screen white (it is currently grey). No joy--drove right up to Mt. Soledad where all the cell phone towers are and still couldn't get a signal.
GaslessInSeattle said:
I was having troubles getting carwings back so I opted for a TCU reboot and used the below procedure of removing the proper fuse (shown in a photo on page 3 of link)... much easier than unplugging the battery. reception came back immediately... you might want to give it a try...
Came back here and saw this suggestion to pull the F34 fuse. Went out to the car just now, pulled the fuse, waited 30 seconds, put it back in, started the car, went to Carwings and suddenly have a white icon for connectivity! Signed in, connected to data center, got an "Account Activated" notice, and everything seems to be working fine now. How come I have to get a fix from MNL and not from Nissan CS? :evil:

Thanks for the tip, George!
TT

This appears to be related to a bug in the TCU, where a loss of Carwings communication causes it fail until it is restarted. This happened to me last summer after being in an underground parking garage for several hours. I disconnected the battery to fix it that time.

There's reportedly a firmware fix for this, but we've never been notified of such, and there's little other reason to go see the dealer, so many of us still have the affected firmware. Think I'll go locate that fuse for next time. Sure glad my EVSE doesn't go nuts when the link goes down...oh, wait :lol:

gbarry42 said:
This appears to be related to a bug in the TCU, where a loss of Carwings communication causes it fail until it is restarted. This happened to me last summer after being in an underground parking garage for several hours. I disconnected the battery to fix it that time.
The fuse removal method detailed in the thread linked above by George (GaslessInSeattle) is much easier and quicker than disconnecting the battery, plus it is "tool-less" (unless your fingernails are too short, like mine, to grasp the top of the fuse firmly enough to pull it, in which case a small needle-nose pliers or large tweezers is helpful), and won't reset other onboard systems powered by the 12V battery.
There's reportedly a firmware fix for this, but we've never been notified of such, and there's little other reason to go see the dealer, so many of us still have the affected firmware.
I imagine that would be Nissan Technical Bulletin number TB-11-041 "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication" mentioned in the same thread above, which my dealer wanted the car for two hours to apply, and needed me to make an appointment, which wasn't available for two days. :x I think I'll get it done when I take the car in for the annual battery check.
Think I'll go locate that fuse for next time.
The image in the other thread makes it easy--might as well add the link to it here, too:

img0469k.jpg

Just as an additional FYI when you need to do the job, the tab-latch for the fusebox cover is on the right side in that pic--releasing it allows the cover to lever up enough to dip the left side and release the catch there.
Sure glad my EVSE doesn't go nuts when the link goes down...oh, wait :lol:
The Carwings telematic link doesn't have any relation to the Blink's internet communications, does it? My EVSE was unaffected by the outage on Carwings, I was just unable to start charging or climate control remotely from my computer for a couple of days. The regularly scheduled 80% overnight charging went along fine during that time. Of course, my Blink unit has never given me any of the connection troubles others have experienced as it has been hardwired to my network router since day one.

TT

TonyWilliams said:
ebill3 said:
jhm614 said:
Does anybody know if you can preheat without Carwings? (Manually from inside the car?)
Plug the EVSE into the car. Start charge. Push start twice (no need for foot on brake). Climate control - push Auto, set temperature.

Bill

Unless the battery is below about 20% SOC... it won't turn on the heater.

BTDT.

CarWings is working for me this morning on the web and with GreenCharge, and the text status service. :mrgreen:

Appreciate the information. I observed this too, that with the car charged to 80%, and with the car charging, the HVAC control from inside the car will not start the heater. It will run the fan but won't start the heater. Had to set a climate control departure timer to get the heater to work.
Not sure I understand the rationale of why Carwings can start the heater, and Climate Control departure timer can start the heater, but the vehicle operator isn't allowed to start the heater from the HVAC controls. Bit strange.

Am I the only person with broken carwings? It has only been reporting a few miles driven since the 7th when in fact over a hundred and fifty have been driven. Won't carwings still record how much you have driven and then transmit the data later if you don't press ok on the screen?

coolfilmaker said:
Am I the only person with broken carwings?
No. I talk to CS they reset their server and said should be OK but it not. Call again and now I was told will be OK starting this Mon
coolfilmaker said:
Won't carwings still record how much you have driven and then transmit the data later if you don't press ok on the screen?
shouldn't record if you press NO

EdmondLeaf said:
coolfilmaker said:
Am I the only person with broken carwings?
No. I talk to CS they reset their server and said should be OK but it not. Call again and now I was told will be OK starting this Mon
coolfilmaker said:
Won't carwings still record how much you have driven and then transmit the data later if you don't press ok on the screen?
shouldn't record if you press NO

My carwings hasn't worked since August 3, 2011. Since I don't do remote stuff like charging/heating, I really couldn't care less. Imho, Carwings is a POS. :roll:

Carwings seems broken again this morning. It was working fine, but then it seems to have lost my username and password - comes back with invalid username or password when trying to login again....

hopefully it will come back up soon

Splittinglanes said:
Carwings seems broken again this morning. It was working fine, but then it seems to have lost my username and password - comes back with invalid username or password when trying to login again....

hopefully it will come back up soon
I can't sign in. I wish there is another way to preheat the car before leaving.

Must be more widespread, was working fine for me this morning but unable to log in at all now, comes back with invalid name/password and then when I select 'forgot password' it's unable to process a request to reset

I was able to register with my old/existing/not working anymore ID. It said it was available... It looks like all the info might have been erased.

worked this morning as late as 9am, as many said, it won't accept user name and password (says invalid). Trying "forgot password" says its unable to complete request.

Called nissan EV and said the system was down and suggested to try again tomorrow (tomorrow!)

redLEAF said:
Must be more widespread, was working fine for me this morning but unable to log in at all now, comes back with invalid name/password and then when I select 'forgot password' it's unable to process a request to reset

Works for me now, no password reset required --- also shows yesterdays drives

Back