CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Sorry for the "me too" post but, me too! I can't see any data online. Not just my own but none of the "rankings" for anyone else as I used to see. I can see worldwide eco trees and that's it. I even tried deleting my car profile but that only caused it to lock my account and required a customer support call to re-establish it (ie: don't delete your car profile). I can log in on the website and my car seems to be connecting fine to "information center". I can see my battery status, set it to charge and manage the climate control as before.

Not to go off the rails with this minor issue but Nissan does have my email address and can even push messages to my car and phone. I would have expected them to give more details on current migration status. Is the data/history being preserved? Will I be able to go back and look at the history that was saved with the old PIN/password? Any new features added/removed we need to be aware of? I'm sure Nissan is working really hard to make the transition good but the comms part to the customer is lacking. No big deal, just general Monday griping.

Thanks,
JR

And now I can't log in through the iPhone app. Keep getting invalid username and password. Tried the PIN and Password and my email and password. No dice. Come on Nissan, get your act together.

Darrenf said:
And now I can't log in through the iPhone app. Keep getting invalid username and password. Tried the PIN and Password and my email and password. No dice. Come on Nissan, get your act together.

Hi. I use the same the same credentials for the mobile app as I use on their website portal. Can you log to their portal? https://www.nissanusa.com/nowners/user/home.

Anyone using the newly assigned PIN/password can see any data reported on the website? Anything, old or new? https://www.ev.nissanconnect.com/EV/home/index?nn Other than "eco trees", I can't see anything there anymore.

Thanks,
JR

JRoque said:
Anyone using the newly assigned PIN/password can see any data reported on the website? Anything, old or new? https://www.ev.nissanconnect.com/EV/home/index?nn Other than "eco trees", I can't see anything there anymore.

Thanks,
JR

Using the OLD PIN/Password I can see "Eco Trees" up to around mid-July. No other data.

This AM I can now see all driving history from 9/29, but not any previous.

When I called Monday the agent didn't know when or if any or all previous data would be available.

I have a callback from the agent scheduled for Friday.

Nissan has seriously screwed up, either in the CW transition, or (hopefully) just in the briefing of its personnel.

Darrenf said:

Same here...logging into website seems to be ok still.

I've set some kind of record. Failing before anyone else has managed to. I can't log into the Owner's Portal. Here's a paste from the Nissan email:
Click on the My Nissan Owners Portal link to access your account. Log in with your current username and password and follow the prompts to complete the registration process, including selecting an email address as your new username.
The italics are theirs, by the way. We'll get to that shortly. This is the result of trying to log in:
Please make sure you have provided a valid password and try again later.
We are experiencing system problems.
Error Code NIS-151. This code will help us serve you better. Please make note of it.
The amusing part here is, (1) "You did it wrong", followed by (2) "Our computer is broken"

By way of completeness, if I enter bogus information, it simply tells me "there's no account" or "your password was wrong". If I put in the right info, I get the slide that has those error messages on it. So I tried the online help chat that it offered me. I explained what the email said, (remember the italics?), and this was the response:
Unfortunately,no. Since the merge and migration of the LEAF Owner's Portal to the Nissan Owner's Portal, you'll now log in with the email address associated with the account.
So, I guess that makes it official. The instructions were wrong. Like we're all surprised. Still didn't work, though. So, now it's suggested to have the password reset. Which I'll try when the email owner gets home. Meanwhile, the old Carwings still works...I can query it from the old app. It's just the Web account that's broken. I can tell from reading this thread that all of that will break once I get logged in to the portal. Same old story; I've been dealing with this system for four years. I can't think of a reason I would want my "old data" back; if it says stuff like I get 11 miles per kWh, I don't think it's too useful. But it would be nice if "send to car" started working (been broken for 2 years).

dyyuan said:
Darrenf said:

Same here...although I see logging in with my old password seems to retrieve some data. Very strange. They obviously haven't synced up the website portal and the mobile portal (why are they even different??).

Stanton said:
dyyuan said:
Darrenf said:

Same here...although I see logging in with my old password seems to retrieve some data. Very strange. They obviously haven't synced up the website portal and the mobile portal (why are they even different??).

App still letting me log in with email address and password (though think I was only required to change the email address from a user name, not the password - I think that's the same as it originally was).

When I first logged in I had to change over to my email address from the username I had been using. Other than that, it worked perfectly then and continues to do so. Not one problem for me.

mwalsh said:
App still letting me log in with email address and password (though think I was only required to change the email address from a user name, not the password - I think that's the same as it originally was).

Anyone noticed the carwings site has been down for the last few days? At least I mean, after you login, you can't do anything else with your vehicle, it just churns on a loading page until it finally dies with the error below. Apps can't login either. Before this, it was working fine for me (after the site upgrade and username change)
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.dbb54917.1444393809.97cc679

knightmb said:
Just like that, after posting the issue here is auto-magically resolved itself. :D

And now the mobile app(s) take my new password! Looks like everything has synced up now.

Hi,

Sorry if I've missed this in the 16 pages but I'm a bit of a noob!

Been following this thread from the UK. I use the carwings app on android and 3rd party apps on windows phone. As of the last few days, I can still access the carwings website from a PC with no changes apparent whatsoever and usingmy old (only) id. I can find no sign of a "nissan connect ev" site at all. The android app continues to work (as much as this POS ever did). However, all my third party apps on windows phone (and android - just tested) fail at login.

Can anyone advise if the changes are different in the UK or if I'm missing something (quite likely)?

Regards

Hi all,

FYI, my feed is working again (mostly). In my case, the "Energy Economy" feed under "Information Channel->Favorite Setting" was missing after the migration to the new site. I manually added it back and within 2 hours, the last 2 trips were uploaded.

I still can't see anything under "Eco Ranking" beyond the default "1" for every category but here's hoping that will sort itself out now that other data is flowing.

Thanks,
JR

I read through most of the 16 pages of this thread, and I apologize in advance if I missed anything:

After migrating to the new NissanConnect system from Carwings, when we log into the Owners Portal we no longer see any way to access the current battery charge level, estimated range, turn on/off climate control, etc.

The mobile app still works for this, but not the website. Is that true for everyone else? Am I missing something?

Also, the old Carwings let you look at your driving history, energy usage per day, etc. I see no way to access any of that any more. All I see when I log in is this message:

"
Your vehicle is equipped with NissanConnect EV.
To manage your NissanConnect EV, please click on the NissanConnect EV tab below.
"

Followed by my Car's model, year, VIN, nickname and how many miles I have on it and how many I drive per year (Both of those fields are manually entered when you create the car, which is rather useless).

I don't see a "NissanConnect EV" tab anywhere?

-Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

I'm not an expert by any means but this is what mine looks like:

Carwings1.png

You should see "select your vehicle" with your car's profile name in there. If you don't see that, you need to click "Add Vehicle". After that, click on the NissanConnect EV (CARWINGS) tab to see your battery and other status.

Thanks,
JR

Back