Capacity (Volume) of the Windshield Washer Reservoir

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baumgrenze

Searching hasn't told me the capacity or volume of the windshield washer reservoir in my 2012 Nissan Leaf.

Does anyone have a number or even a ball-park estimate? I can't see it from the top, and at 80 I'm not the shade-tree mechanic I once was. The ground is now a lot further down than it was not so long ago.

I downsized and moved cross country. I had multiple sizes of hose I could have used to empty it with a siphon. I could try draining by running it until it stops delivering fluid to the windshield.

Is this the only way that will work for me?

thanks
baumgrenze

Is this winter prep ?

I'm not sure it is needed for Palo Alto, CA but you could always just add ~ 1 liter of Isopropyl alcohol to the reservoir, top off with distilled water and call it a day.

SageBrush said:
Is this winter prep ?

I'm not sure it is needed for Palo Alto, CA but you could always just add ~ 1 liter of Isopropyl alcohol to the reservoir, top off with distilled water and call it a day.

Looks like they changed location to VA. I'd say just using the vehicle's pump is a reasonable way to empty the reservoir. Just don't run the motor dry for any length of time. I.e., don't tie off the switch and leave.

Back