capacity bar loss @ lease end

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regor57

What effect does the capacity bar losses effect me at lease end if I decide to pay and walk away from the lease. Will this be considered normal wear and tear if I am down one or two bars or will I be charged for it. So far I have 9000 miles on my leaf with no bar loss but I also have 2 more years to go on my lease.

regor57 said:
What effect does the capacity bar losses effect me at lease end if I decide to pay and walk away from the lease. Will this be considered normal wear and tear if I am down one or two bars or will I be charged for it. So far I have 9000 miles on my leaf with no bar loss but I also have 2 more years to go on my lease.

My understanding is that one of the main benefits of doing the lease is that you don't have to concern yourself with capacity loss. I.e. if at the end of your lease it is down 3 bars it is all 'normal' since it is within the warranty guidelines etc.

IF you lose bars fast enough to trigger the capacity loss warranty, then you get that done and move on (perhaps choosing to keep at end of lease if it has new battery...).

One of the reasons why I am now charging to 100% every time with about 5 months to go on my lease... Plus, with 31% degradation, I now need the additional range... And maybe I can force the fourth bar loss <VBG>!

jelloslug said:
It's not your problem.

Back