cant decide on a color , white or silver ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

Well now that I finally get to order, I am stuck between white and silver

we already have one white car

I know I am getting an SL with QC

anyone have any good pictures of silver Leaf cars ?

help me choose!

Kmp, it isn't white, but a cream color with a pearl essence. And the cayenne red isn't red either, it's a metallic copper color, which is very beautiful. If you haven't seen any of these colors, I recommend that you go to a Nissan dealer and look at new Rogues (cayenne red) and Muranos (glacier pearl). They also have brilliant silver on some other makes.

These pictures might help you, but everyone's screen is different, so it's hard to tell. I hope they are of some help.

My personal feeling is that the white is a prettier color on the LEAF than the silver is, especially because of the metallic aspect of the white paint. I also agree with LEAFfan that the red is worth a look. It looks different in lots of different lighting conditions. We chose the blue and we're very happy with that choice, and we get lots of compliments on the color, especially from women.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Both my wife and I thought that Glacier Pearl looked better on the Leaf than silver, and the blue and red were nice too.

arnolddeleon said:
I'm disappointed that they took out the 100% Electric from the production version of the ECO design package.

arnold

Yes, these are early pictures from the first Nissan drive event that I attended in October of 2010.

I would choose white over silver, the silver color on the Leaf doesn't look that good (to me--and I was thinking of getting silver). However, I think the blue is stunning, and am very happy I got blue. Several women from work who have seen the car love the blue color.

BTW, the Brilliant Silver is the same silver used on other Nissan and Infinity models. Our old FX45 had the same paint code.

Both silver and white look great (silver is VERY common for LEAFs though). Blue was our second choice. The only LEAF we did not like was the red but not because of the color which is very nice. It was all the blue badging that every car gets. IMHO the anodized blue did not go well with the red paint. Copper colored badging would look awesome with that red though.

I was deciding on white and silver myself and changed the order to silver at the last minute. No regrets. Silver is just a better color if you don't like to wash your cars often. I haven't washed it ever since I got it and still looks great.

I also think the Pearl is quite striking, when combined with window tint. The headlights have a blue lens that really pops out... The silver is good, but that color has been around at Nissan for a long time. I still have a 1999 Altima with that same silver!

kmp647 said:
I still think silver , I will let you know!

I got silver, for two reasons:

1) Doesn't look as dirty after the same amount of road dust accumulates.

2) If the paint ever peels (started happening after 10 years in the sun for my previous car), the silver is more like the underlying zinced metal, thus less of an eyesore :) (yeah, I plan on keeping my vehicle until it's not drivable)

My wife and I chose silver--the headlights don't seem to stand out as much with silver as they do with the other colors. So, if you object to the headlights being so bold, go with silver. The downside is that the chrome accents (i.e., the LEAF emblem on the hatch) are virtually unreadable with silver paint. If you want people to be able to read "LEAF" and "Zero Emission", then go with white. My neighbor just got a white Juke with the bold headlights and I think it looks great. No regrets on the silver, though.

TRONZ said:
...Both silver and white look great (silver is VERY common for LEAFs though...
According to our admittedly incomplete and not recently updated MyNissanLeaf website - http://tinyurl.com/3sfwwte - silver is actually less common than white, 17% to 18%, and both trail red and blue by a significant amount. Upon what are you basing your "VERY common" comment?

Glenn

I prefer high visibility colors, and silver is not it. Generally white makes a car look bigger, black makes it look smaller.

kmp647 said:
Well now that I finally get to order, I am stuck between white and silver

we already have one white car

I know I am getting an SL with QC

anyone have any good pictures of silver Leaf cars ?

help me choose!
get white ! !
LeafcomeHome.jpg

Is it really white? Glacier Pearl is . . . . like a dirty glacier . . . off white. We got a white prius because it stays cooler than dark colors, and often, it's less photo chemically reactive than silver. We like red the best, but you know the ol' wive's tale about being a cop magnet. So that was our rational. Which ever you get . . . you'll LOVE it, I'm sure.
:cool:

Back