California LEAF's: Check your registration and title!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alcalira

We got our leased Cayenne Red LEAF SL last month and love it! BUT--we recently received the registration and when I submitted it to the City of Sacramento to obtain a parking permit they pointed out the car is registered as a hybrid, not a pure electric! And they refused to give me a parking permit as a result!

I now face an enormous hassle with the dealer and DMV to get the registration and title corrected.

Check your registration and title: under "MP" (Motive Power) you should have an "E." If you have a "Q" (hybrid) or any other code please post--I am wondering if this is a widespread problem.

Mine is correct. I suspect that you dealer made a mistake when they submitted the paperwork...

alcalira said:
Check your registration and title: under "MP" (Motive Power) you should have an "E." If you have a "Q" (hybrid) or any other code please post--I am wondering if this is a widespread problem.

I seem to recall someone else having that problem early on when the LEAFs were brand new. I agree with TomT that it's probably an error by your local dealer, but it would be prudent for new owners to check it when signing paperwork. It would be much easier to fix then.

The majority of California Leaf owners have DMV carpool stickers and I suspect a problem such as yours would have shown up applying for those. In any case, Mine is "E".

davewill said:
I seem to recall someone else having that problem early on when the LEAFs were brand new. I agree with TomT that it's probably an error by your local dealer, but it would be prudent for new owners to check it when signing paperwork. It would be much easier to fix then.
Yup....there was a thread on this about a year & a half ago, because when I took delivery of mine, I reviewed the original post and verified that the designation on my registration/title was correct.

Based on forum's advice, we were sure to check the motive power on our dmv papers when we bought LEAF. Dealer had it down as gas. Got it changed to E before paper went in. I think their dmv paperwork had many blanks pre filled and that was one. One of the many many ways we were helped by forum know how. Has saved us in so many ways with this car.

Kataphn said:
Based on forum's advice, we were sure to check the motive power on our dmv papers when we bought LEAF. Dealer had it down as gas. Got it changed to E before paper went in. I think their dmv paperwork had many blanks pre filled and that was one. One of the many many ways we were helped by forum know how. Has saved us in so many ways with this car.
I wonder if you would share the name of the LA dealer?
gardena got mine right.

Hanlee's Nissan, Davis CA. Great lease deal, nice folks, but with the registration/title error, owners manual on backorder, and not receiving prepaid maintenance plan documents after a month I'm pretty disappointed in the handling of details.

alcalira said:
Hanlee's Nissan, Davis CA. Great lease deal, nice folks, but with the registration/title error, owners manual on backorder, and not receiving prepaid maintenance plan documents after a month I'm pretty disappointed in the handling of details.

Were you able to get your DMV registration issue resolved?
I'm in the same situation and can't get my Sacramento city parking permit.
Dealer told me it would take two weeks to resolve but it's been 5 weeks now and no word from them.
Did you get a new DMV form in the mail?
Did you get your second LEAF at the same dealer?

Back