Ca license plate wait time

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

My stupid dealer won't get me the registration paper early, so now I am a month in and still don't have my reg paper to file for my hov sticker! How long do u guys have to wait

My plates took about a month to come in. HOV stickers took quite a bit longer. Even if there was a way to find out now what your assigned license plate number is, it may not speed up processing time. It seems like DMV processes these in batches, and not as they come in.

Dealers also often batch process their DMV paperwork, thus, depending on where you happen to hit in their timeline, that can add as much as a few extra weeks to the process... Having just the paperwork wouldn't really help anyway though as the DMV will not process the sticker request until everything is in their system. It actually took me almost three months to get mine but that was early on and the system likely is more efficient these days...

cossie1600 said:
My stupid dealer won't get me the registration paper early, so now I am a month in and still don't have my reg paper to file for my hov sticker! How long do u guys have to wait

Go figures, I finally found someone at the dealer to give me the number last week. I bought the car on the 8th. Here is the kicker, I received the plates on my rav4 ev on Saturday, I got that car on the 22nd!!!!! Of August

It is annoying the whole process takes so damned long and that a license plate # is required for the HOV sticker application.

It's as if the lag time between car lease/purchase and receipt of HOV stickers and thus the time wasted w/HOV stickers means nothing to the DMV folks. Although it doesn't affect me much as I don't travel during HOV lane restricted hours often, I'm sure it affects others. I'd bet some folks would be willing to pay a fair amount of $ to get the process sped up. I'd help w/our state's coffers too...

Common sense approach in government? Are you really suggesting that?

I think the nissan dealership just dropped the ball on this one

Back