Boardwalk Expects Leaf Shipment on/around 5/26/2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avilent

Brendan and Nissan CS confirmed that a shipment of Leafs is Expected in the late part of the week. My Leaf (#3275) is expected in that shipment - "Status - Released to shipping from Veh Prep Center" :lol: :lol:

Is anyone else expecting a Leaf at Boardwalk this week? What's your VIN?

avilent said:
Brendan and Nissan CS confirmed that a shipment of Leafs is Expected in the late part of the week. My Leaf (#3275) is expected in that shipment - "Status - Released to shipping from Veh Prep Center" :lol: :lol:

I see u have 2 Blinks installed. Can u lemme know if both are installed at one address and if they are both EVP sponsored?

avilent said:

supposedly i have one being delivered this week at boardwalk. low 3300s. don't know the dealer dashboard status. couple weeks back DB status went from week of may 30 to week of may 26, though dealer DB said "week of june 3" at that time.

Maybe, just maybe.......perhaps my super black leaf is on that truck....vin 3565, estimated date "week of June 9th"...
I try not to be optimistic here, it has been so long with so many inaccurate estimate delivery dates.....

gimme a call, Boardwalk.

dcarter

vijayl said:
I see u have 2 Blinks installed. Can u lemme know if both are installed at one address and if they are both EVP sponsored?
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3134

i got the "your leaf is scheduled to arrive at your dealer soon" email this morning... looks like it's for real.

astrorob said:
i got the "your leaf is scheduled to arrive at your dealer soon" email this morning... looks like it's for real.

Not to sound like the party pooper, but I would caution against too much optimism based just on that email.
It's possible that Nissan has improved their delivery notification systems since I've received mine, but in my case there was more than a month between when I got my "your leaf will be at your dealer in 7 days" email and when it actually arrived.

earther said:
astrorob said:

Not to sound like the party pooper, but I would caution against too much optimism based just on that email.
It's possible that Nissan has improved their delivery notification systems since I've received mine, but in my case there was more than a month between when I got my "your leaf will be at your dealer in 7 days" email and when it actually arrived.

yes, i agree there is ample reason to "curb your enthusiasm". however, based on watching what's been going on over the last couple of months, it does sound like nissan had some kind of serious problem with the cars at long beach which caused a long pause in deliveries. whether this is really "pollen" or the AC firmware fix, or missing accessories, we'll never know. it does sound like in the past 2 weeks the velocity of deliveries has really picked up, if you believe the CARB data.

all i know is that the car was manufactured 4/15 and probably arrived in long beach aboard the united spirit on 5/10. there is some chance it arrived a week earlier on the andromeda spirit. so if it does show up thursday or friday, in the worst case (united spirit) that would be just about 2.5 weeks in country, which seems like a reasonable amount of time if you assume that whatever was holding up cars over the past couple of months is over.

anyway, yes, i won't believe it until i am sitting in the car. and even then i probably still won't believe it :)

avilent said:

I reserved earlier, and ordered earlier, also through Boardwalk, and my estimated date changed yet again -- this time from "month of July" to "month of June" though.

Do options ordered matter? I got the SL, but without the DC charger, because, well, I'll never need to trade battery life for fast-charging.

I just got pushed to June 6 per the DB. at least the DB actually changed. I know some people have been stuck on a date for months.

I got pushed to June 7 - CS says my car has been invoiced and is currently being shipped - How long can it take for getting from LA to SF?

avilent said:
I got pushed to June 7 - CS says my car has been invoiced and is currently being shipped - How long can it take for getting from LA to SF?

from the sound of many other posts it would appear that sometimes CS just says whatever is necessary to provide you with an answer... which is pretty sad. or i suppose whatever status code they have that means "shipping" also means "ready to ship" or something like that. as you point out it should only take 8 or 9 hours to drive from long beach to silicon valley. even if that car carrier has to make multiple stops it should not take more than 2-3 days to make the trip.

I may have to change my sig line again. The car they said they had for me they don't have for me because "you are not eTec approved"... except I AM eTec approved. Anyway they designated another car for me that supposedly was in port a few days back getting prepped and had a week of May 26th estimate for the dealer on it, but my DB still says I took delivery of my car (the SV I refused to accept) for order #1 and Pending for Order #2, so I really have no idea. Still, I'm hopeful that my car is in the batch being delivered (just delivered?) to Boardwalk.

seems like boardwalk has not received a shipment of leafs since 5/27 or so...

are they expecting anything soon? my DB just got pushed back one day.

avilent said:
Boardwalk received 9 Leafs yesterday

VINS. 3526, 2415, 3411, 3307, 3250, 3363, 3527, and 2544

And mine :lol:

interesting, the online inventory does not show these vehicles...

mine is in your list :razz: schweeeeet!

i got the call, but they never called me back with the final dollar amount. so i guess it's not happening this weekend.

Back