Blink Mobile App Released

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IBELEAF said:
JPWhite said:
IBELEAF said:
Just tried on Android, still doesn't work...

What device. Works for me on original droid.

Sensation 4g. It FC when I try to login.

That sucks. Their customer service is pretty good. I'd report the problem directly to Blink if I were you. They should be able to issue a fix.

This little app is going to be a perfect compliment to CarWings notifications. It lets me know when a charge starts or stops with a quick phone alert. Preferable IMHO to SMS or emails from Carwings.

I plugged in the LEAF and the status correctly changed after a minute or so.
After the initial log-in issue (which they fixed in a few hours) it looks like it's working well.

Fabio said:
I reported the log-in bug this morning, and they fixed it. Good job guys!
Now iOS device log-in works as well. Hopefully plug in status will also work

New release fixes the force close on my MyTouch4G. Amazingly the description on the update even says it fixes a force close on HTC devices. I have to give Blink some props for staying on top of this.

Anyone try turning off the email/sms/notifications on the Blink mobile app for android?

I don't want the SMS messages, so I turned them off, but they kept coming. I looked at the app again, and SMS is still checked.

While you've got it open, the checkboxes retain the state you've set them to in that session. If you close the app and reopen, they all revert their state.

I complained to Blink, who said they'd have their devs look at it. After a while I got an email asking me if I'd try again. Still failed, which I expected, as there hasn't been an app update.

Bleah.

lonndoggie said:
Anyone try turning off the email/sms/notifications on the Blink mobile app for android?

I don't want the SMS messages, so I turned them off, but they kept coming. I looked at the app again, and SMS is still checked.

While you've got it open, the checkboxes retain the state you've set them to in that session. If you close the app and reopen, they all revert their state.

I complained to Blink, who said they'd have their devs look at it. After a while I got an email asking me if I'd try again. Still failed, which I expected, as there hasn't been an app update.

Bleah.

I had the same problem on a droid 3

I went back and forth with blink. They did turn off the sms and email notifications manually at their server. They are working on a fix to the app.

Ask them to turn off the notifications at the server.

JPWhite said:

I went back and forth with blink. They did turn off the sms and email notifications manually at their server. They are working on a fix to the app. ...
Ditto on my MyTouch4G. I was able to turn them off by logging into blinknetwork.com and editing my profile, though.

davewill said:
JPWhite said:

I went back and forth with blink. They did turn off the sms and email notifications manually at their server. They are working on a fix to the app. ...
Ditto on my MyTouch4G. I was able to turn them off by logging into blinknetwork.com and editing my profile, though.

Glad you said that. I looked at the Blink network site and didn't see the settings; now I do, and I've turned them off.

Thanks!

Since sending a trouble report to Blink about the inability of the Android app to turn of either or both of email and SMS notifications, they've asked me twice to see if the problem has gone away. It hasn't. No new app, and apparently nothing new on the server side, either--but they hope it's working now.

Meh.

However, this last round of trying it out led me to realize that you can turn on the notices from the app, you just can't turn them on. And turning on just email gets you SMS messages, too (bonus!).

Back to the website to turn 'em off...

Back