Blink double billing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed that both of my $20 credit card charges have cleared, so I sent an email to Blink. Here's the email I sent:

Howdy Blink,

I’ve been double billed last month. Below is a snippet of my recent cleared charges from my credit card company and my account info from Blink. As you can see, I was charged twice for the $20 balance, yet only got credit for one on your end. How soon can I expect you to fix this by either issuing a credit card refund or crediting my Blink account?

My Blink account info is:
yada, yada, yada

They responded with this in 5 minutes:

Thank you for contacting the Blink Network. The refund was issued to your credit card and usually takes about 3-5 business days to populate on your credit card statement. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call or email anytime; we are available 7 days a week from 9a-12a EST for your convenience.

Best Regards,

Heather Kwasnik
Blink Network Contact Center
e: [email protected]| d: +1.888.998.2546 | f: +1.248.232.5425

I thought some of you might like the contact info or maybe the fact that they are responding to questions very promptly!

Okay, my credit card is now showing that the double charge was corrected the next day, it just took several days for the refund to post. I don't know why charges post same day or day after, but refunds take a while. But that seems to be systemic for credit cards, not specific to Blink.

So, all is good again, except of course they are bankrupt which raises a question about the continued availability of their chargers. I like the concept and they seem to have most of the chargers I've found thus far. I found 1 Clipper Creek and 1 ChargePoint. All the others I've found so far are Blink. So I really hope these continue to be available.

Back