Blink Charging Spaces Mostly Used by Gas Cars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Msquared said:
Became a bona-fide vigilante today. :lol:

Purchased an inexpensive pack of fake parking tickets. They are yellow and ticket-shaped, so will definitely "trick" someone, at least for a second!

Went to Wally to buy some thread for hemming husband's pants, and of course both spots were taken. I didn't ticket right away, but my new rule is to wait until I am about to leave before putting the ticket, so that way no altercations come about.

So, I went into Wally and when we came back out, one of the original offenders was still there: a BMW 1-series with a "Princess" sticker on it. :roll:

Fake ticket for "Princess." :D

great idea and some will get the hint! still have to 2nd the notion that all this is easily fixable. Blink loses money when this happens so they need to push for the laws to hand out real parking fines.

we can write it in as well, the more voices on this the better

Interesting happening today. Went to Fred Meyer near my house (Johnson Creek for any of you Portland-area people) to pick up a prescription. All spots in front of or near Blink chargers were blocked by non-EVs.

I sat in my car and waited for someone to come out. Finally, a lady came out. I think I didn't even have to do anything for her to know I was pissed, because she looked very sheepish as she pushed her cart toward her car (BMW). Anyway, I did mention to her briefly, but didn't elaborate because she knew.

Then, once I took that spot, another guy pulled in next to me. Then the man who was blocking the other blink charger came out and the first man asked him if he knew he was in an EV spot. He clearly did not; he also had a handicap tag on his vehicle. He was like, "There's no sign!" and I politely pointed out the sign right in front of his spot. He exclaimed, "Well at least you can read!" I said nothing, as I didn't want to further an argument and was already in a bad mood. I just told him, "Don't worry about it!"

The good news is, the huge QC chargers around never seem to be blocked because they're so obvious. Met another forum member at one on Broadway today - camasleaf. We both have white Leafs and he is a happy owner. Gave me a QC location I didn't even know about, closer to my house. Hurrah!

I'm ESTATIC. So for anyone who thinks I was crazy for posting notes and fake tickets on ICE'ers' cars, I have news: I am NOT!

Blink now has the same idea as I. Perhaps some of you also got these in your inboxes: printable notes to put on people's cars.

Oh, I also made this sticker a while ago on Zazzle. :cool:

665173_483595641662661_2026409705_o.jpg

I don't know how much it will help, but it's one of those "Why not?" type of things.

mwalsh said:
Msquared said:
He exclaimed, "Well at least you can read!" I said nothing, as I didn't want to further an argument and was already in a bad mood. I just told him, "Don't worry about it!"

I couldn't have held my tongue. I would have at least said "And you apparently cannot!"

Well, he was elderly, disabled, and may have been a veteran. While I don't believe all of those are qualifiers for parking in the wrong spot, I try and hold some respect for these types of people, as with everyone. I don't expect those of the older generations to learn as quickly as those of us who are still keeping up with technology.

Back