Blink charger says charge is complete Leaf GOM shows 8 miles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braineo

Had many errands yesterday and made it home with Very Low Battery for the 1st time since I got my Leaf. Plugged in as normal to charge overnight and made sure no charging timers were set. Just waked up and saw emails from my Blink Charger saying the overnight charge was done in 24 minutes. Got the key FOB and checked the car to find out only 8 miles in my GOM. i reconnected the Blink, told me it was charging and a few minutes later got the email again that Charging was completed. WTF? Stopped at 12 miles of GOM.

Re started the process again at 7:04am Let's see how long this time. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is my Blink charger on the blink?

That has never happened to me.
I recommend calling Blink customer service 888.998.BLINK (2546).
I am thinking either your grid power is not stable or the Blink's SD card is going out, or both. My SD card went out a few week's ago after a blackout. ECOtality sent out service the next day and fixed it free under warranty.

Thanks for the comment. I called Blink and reported the issue. They confirmed the issue and mentioned it was very strange, so it will be escalated. I got about 27 minutes of charge each time. On the third try I finally got a full charge but it was outside of the super off peak rate window which cost me 4x more. Oh well. Just wonder if it had anything to do with the battery being discharged so low.

no error messages on the unit? the fact that you went from 8 to 12 miles on GOM means the car is taking a charge. wondering if its overheating or something?

Please report bars instead of the GOM. The GOM just doesn't mean anything. If the problem repeats, I'd then try the L1 EVSE just to see if it's the car or the Blink.

Status update.

so far issue is not due to depleting the battery, it happens with the Blink at home, at work and even with the 120v Nissan unit. I can get charging started via the ipad app, the leaf owners page in the web and by pressing the charge now button.

I have no timers set, but the problem did start when i tried to set up the timers and then decided to cancel all. Cars says no timers are setup.

Blink network have been quite helpfull sharing all the output from their units both from home and work. Nissan suggests for me to take the car to the dealer or to disconnect the 12 v battery. That is the car's control alt delete to reboot.

Am I the only one having these issues with car initiating the charging sessions and closing it within a few minutes?

Update: turned both timers on to charge 11pm until 7pm every day. worked both at home and at work. Seems to be a problem when canceling the timers. Will try to just turn them off.

Back