best deal ever?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braineo

as they say in the South, can you top this?

received Dec 2012 my 2011 Nissan Leaf SL for 29k drive out price (including taxes) with 334 miles on it, got a free 240v charger for 119 to take care of the installation. i feel like a kid on his first bike. Looking forward to do my taxes and get 12,500 tax credit (7,500 federal + 5,000 GA) got all for 0 down and 3.19% for 72 months or about 430/ mo.

What a Christmas gift!

The idea is to use the 12,500 tax credits to pay down the loan and refinance from my 401k for the remainder 16,500 for 5 years paying myself 4.25% ( payment is 159x2 per month). I normally use a tank of gas per week which I won't use anymore (225 avg per month) . So technically the purchased vehicle would be a net cost of 93 per month. Or I can sell it after getting the tax credits and get a lease of a 2012 since I will be able to get another tax credit for 2012 which would technically give me a free car for the duration of the lease.

Only twist is that my wife likes the car so much that she wants one for herself.

Congratulations on your LEAF.

But, is there a fly in the ointment? As I recall, the federal tax credit is only available to purchasers of new untitled vehicles. I hope you get it, and I have no idea about a GA tax credit.

If it has never been titled or registered, he should get away with the Federal credit. Otherwise, it is not going to fly...

ebill3 said:
But, is there a fly in the ointment? As I recall, the federal tax credit is only available to purchasers of new untitled vehicles. I hope you get it, and I have no idea about a GA tax credit.

car is new and all the rebates apply.... Confirmed before buying with Nissan and all documents explicitly says car is new from the dealer...

braineo said:
car is new and all the rebates apply.... Confirmed before buying with Nissan and all documents explicitly says car is new from the dealer...
Good - glad to hear that.

herrmann48 said:
For the best new 2012, Leaf SL, lease deal ever, in the Bay Area, run don't walk to Hanlees Hilltop Auto Center, Richmond, CA.
Nothing I've seen on here comes close to what Bill, Vinny and Adam are coming up with out there.

Just bargain hard and they'll beat whatever you're asking for. No drama or hassling, just straight arrow money saving. Be prepared to relax and believe it. Be sure to require that absolutely all costs be rolled into the monthly lease payments. Absolutely nothing to be due at signing.

Bottomline maybe $115./month for absolutely all costs, everything considered with gas savings calculated in. And figure $2500. Ca rebate will cover car insurance costs.

Don't ask me questions, ask them!

A one post expert. Gas savings calculated in, that is a slick one. Which dept do you work in?

herrmann48 said:
everything considered with gas savings calculated in.

BOO! HISS! BOOOOO! Hissssssss!

"gas savings calculated in" sounds like dealer-double-speak. Here, please post in dollars and cents and what people are or are not offering.

I won't accuse you of being an abject-dealer-lackey, but you're treading on dangerous ground here.

Back