Balboa Park Union of Concerned Scientists EV event tomorrow

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llaumann

The Union of Concerned Scientists is having a media event tomorrow. I am the designated LEAF Owner but I don't have a Blink card to access the EVSE. I would enjoy meeting some of you if you can make it (especially if you have a Blink card!) and bring your LEAF. We are looking for more media coverage, so if you have ideas or suggestions please contact Debra Holtz (below).

MEDIA ADVISORY AND DAYBOOK ITEM FOR THURSDAY, May 10, 2012

MEDIA AVAILABILITY: SCIENCE GROUP EXAMINES WHY SAN DIEGO IS A NATIONAL MODEL FOR CLEAN ENERGY, ADVANCED VEHICLE ADOPTION
San Diego Area Electric Vehicle Owner to Demonstrate the Charging of his Nissan Leaf and Discuss Electric Car Ownership

A representative from the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) will be in San Diego this Thursday, May 10 to discuss how San Diego is utilizing strategies that, if implemented on a nationals scale, could help cut U.S. oil use in half in the next 20 years. The city is making great strides through public and private sector cooperation to promote clean energy and electric vehicle technology while driving economic growth in the region.

The benefits of San Diego’s efforts to encourage wider use of renewable energy and electric cars are backed up by a newly released UCS study that found, because California has one of the cleanest electricity grids in the nation, owners of electric vehicles in San Diego can save as much as $800 a year in fuel costs while lowering their global warming emissions to that of driving an almost 80-mile-per gallon gasoline car.

WHO
Adrienne Alvord, UCS California and Western States Director
Lynn Laumann, La Jolla resident and electric vehicle owner

WHEN
Thursday, May 10, 10 a.m.

WHERE
Electric charging stations at San Diego Air & Space Museum, 2001 Pan American Plz., Balboa Park, San Diego, CA 92101

###

The Union of Concerned Scientists is the leading U.S. science-based nonprofit organization working for a healthy environment and a safer world. Founded in 1969, UCS is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and also has offices in Berkeley, Chicago and Washington, D.C. For more information, go to http://www.ucsusa.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

llaumann said:
...., owners of electric vehicles in San Diego can save as much as $800 a year in fuel costs while lowering their global warming emissions to that of driving an almost 80-mile-per gallon gasoline car.
Who has an 80 mpg gasoline car available for sale? Moped?
I have saved ~$4,000 my first year vs my alternative.

Thanks all for your offers and your suggestions. I contacted Andy Hoskinson from ECOtality and he will meet me down there at 9:30 AM with his BLINK card. I am not well versed in the EVSE as I have only charged on Level 1 in my home garage, so I may get a quick tutorial from Andy on any features to demonstrate.

Lynn

Back