Anyone get their CA HOV stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mogur said:
Did you make an appointment in advance? I've never had to wait longer than 10 or 15 minutes when I have. It's the only way to visit the DMV!

Ready2plugin said:
Well went to my favorite place (the DMV) to get my custom plates and after waiting an hour for my turn was told I could not get them because the system still has my parking permit "in process" and the system can not allow two transactions at the same time. I have to come back in at least three business days..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I tried but the earliest I can make an appointment was for April 20th... I rather just show up at 4pm and see what happens. Prior to today, the longest wait I've had without an appointment was 30 minutes.

ugggg I put the wrong stickers in the wrong place! I didn't realize there were two small stickers and one big one. I thought they were all the same size. Anyone with stickers know if this is a big deal? You can't move them once placed or they'll tear.

malloryk said:
ugggg I put the wrong stickers in the wrong place! I didn't realize there were two small stickers and one big one. I thought they were all the same size. Anyone with stickers know if this is a big deal? You can't move them once placed or they'll tear.

Don't worry about it, I doubt you'll get any hassle. You're right, you shouldn't try to remove them...it will VOID them.

malloryk said:

No worries...I see them all different ways with the current yellow ones....I doubt anyone will care.
FYI...mine came with two big ones for the sides and one small one for the back...

mwalsh said:
malloryk 2/10 - HOV sticker received, HOV check cashed
raptor6677 2/17 - nothing received, checks not cashed, joy on the horizon? ;)
Ready2plugin 2/21 - HOV sticker received, checks not cashed
mwalsh 2/24 - nothing received, checks not cashed
mogur 3/4 - nothing received, checks cashed
Jimmydreams 2/17 - HOV sticker received on 3/30, EV Parking Sticker not received, checks not cashed

HOV stickers arrived Monday (3/28); the $8 check cleared today (3/30).
The ZEV Parking sticker still not here & check for $17 not yet cleared.
Both applications mailed on 1/30 in separate envelopes.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.htm

and

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg4048.htm

Yes, apparently you need license plate for both ... at least there's a field you're supposed to fill in with that plate #. Will it be rejected if you don't have it ? Hard to tell, but could cost you oodles of wasted time by the time you find out the application has been rejected (if we go by how long it even takes them to handle the "properly" filled out forms) ... only for you to start the process all over.

Got a change on my own status....HOV check cashed yesterday! Well at least I know now that it wasn't lost in the mail or something. :D

malloryk 2/10 - HOV sticker received, HOV check cashed
Jimmydreams 2/17 - HOV sticker received, checks not cashed
raptor6677 2/17 - nothing received, checks not cashed, joy on the horizon? ;)
Ready2plugin 2/21 - HOV sticker received, checks not cashed
mwalsh 2/24 - nothing received, HOV check cashed
Andy 3/3 - nothing received, EV parking check cashed

Mailed both envelopes on March 14 (with plate info) and the parking sticker was cashed last night. I really want the HOV sticker to get here. I miss the HOV lane on the 405 going to work.

krwalsh said:
Sent our application in two weeks ago. We still have our temporary registration, no plates yet. We've had our LEAF for just under three weeks. Our personalized plates (PVCHRGD) are on order, and have not made it to the DMV yet.

I don't have my LEAF yet, but already have my plates, PLGS IN, because I assigned them to another car. I've been driving around with a mini-van with those plates for a few months !!

When I have an actual VIN, I'll transfer the plate over, and put the original plates on the minivan.

krwalsh said:
Sent our application in two weeks ago..........My check has been cashed now.

Do you have an actual date, Ms. Walsh (no relation)?

malloryk 2/10 - HOV sticker received, both checks cashed
Jimmydreams 2/17 - HOV sticker received, checks not cashed
raptor6677 2/17 - nothing received, HOV check cashed, joy on the horizon? ;)
Ready2plugin 2/21 - HOV sticker received, HOV check cashed
mwalsh 2/24 - nothing received, HOV check cashed
Andy 3/3 - nothing received, EV parking check cashed
josh 3/14 - nothing received, EV parking check cashed

I got my stickers too (checked the mail today after a few days). I believe I mailed the app in on 2/21. The funny thing is that my check hasn't cleared my account, BUT they sent the check back to me stamped VOID on the front and back and it is endorsed by them on the back with a date of March 25th. The Clean Air Sticker Certificate shows an amount paid of $8 though. Strange.. but no complaints here (as long as I don't have to deal with any hassles later).

Back