Anyone get their CA HOV stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cinnabar said:
Does anyone have an ETA from when they submitted the proper paperwork to when they received their stickers? I'm trying to decide whether to keep my Civic with the yellow stickers to keep my commute time manageable or trade it in when I purchase the Leaf in April and lower my out of pocket costs.

We think the stickers will go out a few days after they cash your check.

I sent my checks exactly 1 month ago and they haven't been cashed yet.

Jimmydreams said:
Cinnabar said:
Does anyone have an ETA from when they submitted the proper paperwork to when they received their stickers? I'm trying to decide whether to keep my Civic with the yellow stickers to keep my commute time manageable or trade it in when I purchase the Leaf in April and lower my out of pocket costs.

Thanks, Jimmy. that's exactly the information I was looking for. Please let us know when the stickers actually do arrive.

Cinnabar said:
Jimmydreams said:
Cinnabar said:

Thanks, Jimmy. that's exactly the information I was looking for. Please let us know when the stickers actually do arrive.

Will do.

(sorry it took so long to get you the info you were looking for!!!)
:lol:

4 weeks and counting for me too (not including the one I tried before my plates were in on January 10th). Still no checks have been cashed.

Ready2plugin said:
4 weeks and counting for me too (not including the one I tried before my plates were in on January 10th). Still no checks have been cashed.
A friend tells me that his application for a new Drivers License (done online) has taken over two months and he still doesn't have his new one. His old one has in fact expired, so he's carrying his passport!

The Budget Crisis in Sacramento may well be the culprit and that's going to get worse before it gets better, IMHO.

We're going to hang on to our yellow stickered CIVIC hybrid till the LEAF's stickers arrive (then sell it).

The driver license problem is a separate issue brought on by technical problems with the vendor that is printing the new high tech counterfeit proof licenses. The cops and CHP are aware of the problem and won't cite anyone with an expired license if the computer shows that they have applied for a renewal. My license comes up shortly and I an in the same boat.

rclams said:
A friend tells me that his application for a new Drivers License (done online) has taken over two months and he still doesn't have his new one. His old one has in fact expired, so he's carrying his passport! The Budget Crisis in Sacramento may well be the culprit and that's going to get worse before it gets better, IMHO.

Sent our application in two weeks ago. We still have our temporary registration, no plates yet. We've had our LEAF for just under three weeks. Our personalized plates (PVCHRGD) are on order, and have not made it to the DMV yet. I sent in the application with the PVCHRGD plate on it, and got the application back in the mail yesterday. They taped a form to the top that basically says I need to resubmit the form when the registration is complete.

So, still no stickers.

krwalsh said:
Sent our application in two weeks ago. We still have our temporary registration, no plates yet. We've had our LEAF for just under three weeks. Our personalized plates (PVCHRGD) are on order, and have not made it to the DMV yet. I sent in the application with the PVCHRGD plate on it, and got the application back in the mail yesterday. They taped a form to the top that basically says I need to resubmit the form when the registration is complete.

So, still no stickers.

Well, perhaps not what you wanted, but evidence that at least somebody looks at the darn thing within a couple of weeks. :lol:

I have my custom plates made and still waiting at the DMV. I did the same thing and sent in a request for the stickers with my custom plate info, but never got it sent back. Once my regular plates came in, I sent a new request with "regular" plate info...still nothing. I would love to pick-up my custom ones, but I'm afraid both will get rejected and I'll have to start all over again :|

Just to see what would happen, I sent a letter off to Mr. Roadshow from the Mercury News and other publications. He often has a lot of contacts to check on what the wait time will be for things like this. Letter posted below:

"Dear Mr. Richards:

I am one of the lucky owners of the new all electric Nissan Leaf. After getting the car in early January, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the car and would not trade it for anything. However, one of the great benefits of owning this car in California is the ability to apply for those coveted carpool stickers. And I’m not talking about the yellow “expire in July” stickers (sorry Prius owners). I’m talking about the white “good till 2015” stickers. I am very much looking forward to getting mine, but after sending in my application on Feb 15th, I haven’t heard anything from Sacramento. Would you happen to have any contacts you can call on to inquire how long us Leaf owners will have to wait for our precious stickers.

Thank you for your help,

kevin"

I'll post any reply I get.

Great!! I was about to bump this thread this morning, glad to see it come back. I think my check may get stale dated before we hear from the DMV at this rate!

Sweet Jesus! I just checked my checking account and the check for the HOV lane sticker was cashed yesterday. I mailed it in on Feb. 10th, along with the application for the parking sticker. I would rather that the parking sticker check was cashed instead as I spend more time at Santa Monica meters than I do on the freeway, but I'll take it! Things are starting to move in Sacramento!

Wow, that's great news! Maybe I sent my letter a little early. Sounds like things may be moving on their own. :eek:

malloryk said:
Sweet Jesus! I just checked my checking account and the check for the HOV lane sticker was cashed yesterday. I mailed it in on Feb. 10th, along with the application for the parking sticker. I would rather that the parking sticker check was cashed instead as I spend more time at Santa Monica meters than I do on the freeway, but I'll take it! Things are starting to move in Sacramento!

YES!! At least it's not a VIN issue with the LEAF. I'll just keep checking my account each day. Reminds me when I looked at my dashboard for my reserve/order/delivery dates! :shock: For me it's all about the HOV, since there is little EV parking in the Bay Area (if at all) currently.

GOT THEM!!!!!!!! Check still has not cleared. With the side angles on the back of the car, the stickers are probably harder to see for the CHP than on my Civic, but not a lot I could do about that. Now I can sell my Honda!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ready2plugin said:
GOT THEM!!!!!!!! Check still has not cleared. With the side angles on the back of the car, the stickers are probably harder to see for the CHP than on my Civic, but not a lot I could do about that. Now I can sell my Honda!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's great news. Congrats.

If you get a chance, can you snap a pic or two of them on your Leaf?

Thanks,

-Matt

Back