Anyone get their CA HOV stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my timeline:

6/18 picked up Leaf
7/18 received pink slip in the mail
7/26 realized pink slip had license plate number on it, sent application to DMV
8/16 called DMV to check on plates. They said I should've gotten them three weeks ago. I was told to fill out new form for the plates... The woman also said they were working on HOV applications post-marked 7/25 I assume they batch these by the week.
8/18 received plates in the mail (didn't fill out new form so didn't matter).

No stickers yet and check hasn't been cashed.

oakwcj said:
wishboneash said:
oakwcj said:
I have just sent my third $8 check to the DMV. The first one went missing along with my original application in early June. I sent in a second application with a second check in mid-July. When I returned from a week on the East Coast, I found an envelope from the DMV along with my second application informing me that I needed to send an $8 check!!!! I rather mildly suggested that if they set up an online application and payment process they could eliminate the problem of missing and lost pieces of paper. I hope to receive the stickers before the program expires at the end of 2015.

I will be happy if I get my CA plates by the time the program ends.

I feel your pain. I'd suggest a side bet, but, with our luck, we'd both lose.

I could be the the longest waiting Leaf owner without plates. 2.5 months now... it could be a nice Xmas present. :evil:

Wishbone: You need to fill out and send in this form. No fee, just the form.

http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg156.pdf

You'll get your Christmas present early.

bought the car on 6/11 - still no plate...

bought a different car on 6/17 - plate came in end of july already...

sent out 2 checks for HOV / parking sticker early august, and they were just cashed yesterday, so there's hope yet!

Check received by DMV for LEAF1 on August 5th and received by DMV for LEAF2 on August 11th.

Neither check has cleared yet. Stickers have not arrived yet. Plate numbers were available and noted on both applications.

CapN Jeff thought it would be three weeks, so perhaps LEAF1 will arrive next week. :D

Update 8/31 - Check for ZEV cashed. No stickers. 3 more checks still left to be cashed.

My cheques were both cashed yesterday as well, but no stickers as of yet.

Hopefully they've just processed and sent out a big batch.

May 2: Brought the LEAF home
Jun 13: License plates arrived
Jun 13: Mailed both forms together with one check for $25
Aug 27: No stickers yet, check still not cashed

Maybe they read my post on July 30 when I said I didn't really have to have the stickers. I guess I should remember that anything you put on the internet goes all over the world and lasts forever.

Ray

dyyuan said:
bought the car on 6/11 - still no plate...

bought a different car on 6/17 - plate came in end of july already...

sent out 2 checks for HOV / parking sticker early august, and they were just cashed yesterday, so there's hope yet!

Yes, got my stickers this past saturday...and now i know my plate number too...but plate still no where to be found. : (

dyyuan said:
...got my stickers this past saturday...and now i know my plate number too...but plate still no where to be found. : (

I pre-ordered personalized plates, per my dealer's recommendation. They said that once the car comes and I come in to get it, they will note on the DMV forms the license plate number that I ordered. That way, the car will be registered to that plate. Once the plates are ready, DMV will notify me to come pick them up and all will be good.

So for my situation, can I submit my form for stickers once I get the car since I will know my VIN and license plate # already? Or better yet, once my Nissan Leaf dashboard shows me my vin, can I send away for stickers then?

Thoughts?

Nope, you can't get the stickers until the dealer submits the registration info and pays the (correct) fees to the DMV. This can be as much as 30 days after you take delivery unless there is a fee problem in which case it can be longer. Until then the car does not exist to the DMV and they will either sit on your application or worse, return it.

EricBayArea said:
So for my situation, can I submit my form for stickers once I get the car since I will know my VIN and license plate # already? Or better yet, once my Nissan Leaf dashboard shows me my vin, can I send away for stickers then? Thoughts?

I haven't applied to get any yet and I'm not sure when or if I will. My commute is usually all surface streets and backroads.

And I'm not sure I want to sully the car with annoying stickers... I wish we could put a temp one on the window... or heck even better. Make it part of the licensee plate.

Anyone else not want to sully their beautiful Leaf with stickers?

cdub said:
+1!

I ordered them anyway and they are sitting in the glovebox. It's a small investment to make and it could relevant for potential buyers, if I were ever to part with the Leaf.

surfingslovak said:
cdub said:
+1!

I ordered them anyway and they are sitting in the glovebox. It's a small investment to make and it could relevant for potential buyers, if I were ever to part with the Leaf.

Hmmm... perhaps I'll do that too. Not that I'm ever going to sell it. Maybe one day these stickers will be collectors items? haha

Reliable sources say the California DMV special processing unit is caught up through 8/19/2011 as of today. It can take a week to 10 days to mail the physical stickers. That said, still no stickers for the check that arrived at DMV on Friday August 5th and check still not cashed.

Hoping to see it this week!

9/2 .. I forgot to sign the application so they mailed it back to me.. Back to square one
9/13 Got the sticker for LEAF 1 bought July 1st.
9/16 Got the sticker for LEAF 2 bought August 1st.

Life is good!

Another LEAF qualified for the HOV lanes.

6/15 purchased car. Sent in HOV and parking sticker forms same day with VIN only.
Forms came back a few weeks later indicating that I had to resubmit once registration is on my name.
7/19 received title with license plate number. Submitted forms again.
8/27 received plates.
8/29 received stickers.

I commute across the bay bridge. The stickers will save me $3.50 and ~15 minutes daily.

Huzzah! My HOV and ZEV stickers showed up today in the same envelope. I'm going to set my alarm clock 15 minutes later! :D

laalan said:
Reliable sources say the California DMV special processing unit is caught up through 8/19/2011 as of today. It can take a week to 10 days to mail the physical stickers. That said, still no stickers for the check that arrived at DMV on Friday August 5th and check still not cashed.

Hoping to see it this week!

Car delivered 6/18; title with plate number assignment 7/31; application submitted with fees by dealer 8/3 (had to push them, and they initially filled out the application on my behalf and it was an eligible mess; I instead gave them a nicely printed download copy from the DMV website); physical plates arrived 8/23....but still waiting for stickers. Sounds like we are in roughly the same boat. And 9/6 about 20% more people hit the freeways because by then almost all schools back in session.

Maybe it would have made no difference, but with hindsight I would have submitted the fee myself so that I could track the check directly. I intend to call the dealer this week and ask them to see if the check has cleared their account. No doubt will be told no one is available until after the holiday.

This whole Leaf business has been a game of waiting, waiting, waiting. Lord knows where we'll be after 2015.

Well, at least someone is on the ball: SDGE installed my IDR meter today about 10 days after I applied for time-of-use. Interesting that they call it an "experimental rate".

Back