Another new Leaf owner in the Seattle area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome and enjoy. Don't be afraid to ask questions, allot of really smart and great people follow the forum. Also we have a very active Seattleleafeowners FB page.
Hairy

Welcome to the club! Starting to see more and more LEAFs on the roads in the north end of town, so those lease offers must really be doing the trick. You bought from Campbell-Nelson, I'm guessing?

600 miles now, and still happy :mrgreen:

To answer some questions: Found the Seattle Facebook group, and did buy from Campbell-Nelson.

My real life range is bit less than I expected, and significantly less than what others claim to be seeing.

I started the day with an 80% charge (10 bars), and a preheated car (hooray for timers).

Three trips to work and back home again. Total of 40 miles before I hit the low battery warning alert.

40 degrees out, and I did use the heater after the first trip. I have no intention of driving a refrigerator.

I do have about a 1000 foot elevation ascent/descent during the round trip, so these numbers reflect my real-life day-to-day usage.

Today's trips:
4 miles per GOM bar
3.1 miles per kWh
1:15 total travel time
40 mile range on an 80% charge

Now that I have a better feel for cool weather driving range, I'll be sure to plan accordingly.

Absolutely love the car !!!!! :D

Watch for the black one with the "My other vehicle is a school bus" license plate frame.

You might want to read up on iced up headlights

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yep, winter is not kind to LEAF drivers.

This past summer I visited the Tesla store in Bellevue Square - no problem making the round trip without a charge.

Yesterday I made the same trip, and like BD, refuse to drive a refrigerator. Fortunately, I was able to find a charging station in the parking garage that was not ICEd or in use.

Bill

BDinWa said:
...Total of 40 miles before I hit the low battery warning alert. 40 degrees out, and I did use the heater after the first trip. I have no intention of driving a refrigerator....
Welcome! Here's my cold (30 F) weather experience without heat: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7634&p=243033#p243033
With heat, I made the same trip with an 1.5 hr of L1 at dinner. I ended the trip just at the LBW and probably still 10-15 miles in the tank. I would expect you could easily get 50-60 mi with heat. But watch out cause you don't want to turtle on the uphill run :(
Reddy

Back