Amp hour readings corresponding to lost bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

I've not read this information on the forum in one place, and was wondering if someone can please help me fill in the blanks...I've lost one capacity bar on my 2011 LEAF, and was wondering what I can expect for future bar losses.

Using a LeafDD device, do we know approximately what amp-hour readings correspond to bar losses for 1, 2, 3 and 4 bars?

I thought that having this information in one thread might help people like myself who are wondering when the next bar will drop off....

Thanks...

Randy said:
I've not read this information on the forum in one place, and was wondering if someone can please help me fill in the blanks...I've lost one capacity bar on my 2011 LEAF, and was wondering what I can expect for future bar losses.

Using a LeafDD device, do we know approximately what amp-hour readings correspond to bar losses for 1, 2, 3 and 4 bars?

I thought that having this information in one thread might help people like myself who are wondering when the next bar will drop off....

Thanks...
+1---I'm in just about the same situation as Randy, and was wondering the same thing.

FWIW I lost my first bar at 55.25 Ah / 228 GID 100% / 194 GID 80%.

Still haven't lost my 2nd bar, currently at 51.9 Ah / 218 GID 100% / 182 GID 80%.

Expected to have lost the 2nd bar by now. Range seems to be down more than the ~10 GIDs that I've lost the last year.

Randy, are you driving the LEAF much now that you have your Model S?

whats weird is I lost my 1st bar at 55ah (41,00 miles) lost my second at 51.5ah (45,000 miles in the heat of summer 14)

now my meter say I have over 53ah ! and I still have 2 bars lost ?

how much sense does that make , only difference is cooler pack temps

drees said:
FWIW I lost my first bar at 55.25 Ah / 228 GID 100% / 194 GID 80%.

Still haven't lost my 2nd bar, currently at 51.9 Ah / 218 GID 100% / 182 GID 80%.

Expected to have lost the 2nd bar by now. Range seems to be down more than the ~10 GIDs that I've lost the last year.

Randy, are you driving the LEAF much now that you have your Model S?

Thanks to everyone, good data. I'm charging up to 100% and will measure where I'm at this morning....

Drees, I still drive the LEAF to work 4 days a week or so...Almost at 31,000 miles and it will be 4 years old next January. I still enjoy the car and plan on keeping it for a long time. I already know I won't lose enough capacity to take advantage of the battery replacement warranty, but that's okay...The LEAF has had zero problems...

The Tesla ("Ruby") has 19,000 miles since picking her up at the factory in May 2013 and we've taken road trips to Reno/Lake Tahoe, Arizona/Grand Canyon, and just recently this past summer a 4,250 mile trip to Canada and back. It's an amazing car, to say the least...

Thanks again for the data...I lost my first bar last year in the summer, so we'll see where I'm at...

kmp647 said:
whats weird is I lost my 1st bar at 55ah (41,00 miles) lost my second at 51.5ah (45,000 miles in the heat of summer 14)

now my meter say I have over 53ah ! and I still have 2 bars lost ?

how much sense does that make , only difference is cooler pack temps

Sadly, you don't get it back once it's gone. I had a bounce back after loosing the second bar too:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12789&p=394950#p394950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
54.07 AHr
51.58 AHr
47.17 AHr

Still waiting to lose bar 9, currently at 44-45AHr

YAHrRMV ( Your AHr Readings May Vary)

That's pretty darn close to mine; closing in on that 3rd bar (I'm @48 AHr).

Charged to 100% this morning...

Gid reading was 215, with 52.1 amp hours...1 bar down, 31,000 miles, 3 years and 10 months old...

Randy said:
52.1 amp hours....
You're close to losing the second bar, Randy, I lost mine at 51.72 AHr. Currently, I'm close to losing the third bar with 47.75 AHr reading yesterday and almost 50K miles on the odometer.

As someone said, the 4th bar seems to go around 43.25 AHr or so. TickTock lost his 5th bar at 37.65 AHr and he can still drive 50 miles: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18244

TT

Lost my 3rd bar at 47.47 AHr, a little higher reading than I expected, but my Hx reading is in the toilet at 51.76%.

TT

mwalsh said:
Sadly, you don't get it back once it's gone.
A couple people have reported a bar returning but it is pretty rare.

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18351&hilit=capacity+bar&start=0#p396513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

More likely those indicated a problem in the pack.

Bar return after P3227 or after resetting the BMS for some unknown reason has been more common.

I see in your signature that you replaced your battery earlier this year.

If you don't mind me asking what did the final bill come to?

Back