A Unifying Symbol for the Community...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windpoweredleaf

Official Product Release Folks!

Update: The shipment has been broken down and badges individually packed as of today. All orders will now ship within one business day.

Our personal interest and involvement with the EV movement inspired us to develop an OEM-quality badge that,
when placed on the back of an electric vehicle, lets people know that it is powered by a plug. Each badge comes
with a serial number unique to you and your vehicle. Our hope is that
the plug in badge will become a symbol that bands together us early adopters of the vehicles, while auto companies
are currently trying to divide us based on technology.

It carries a simple message: Any vehicle with a plug is a good technology.

Our company will support Plug In America with 10% of the proceeds.

plug_in_powered_badge_nissan_leaf_3_grande.jpg

plug_in_powered_badge_nissan_leaf_4-1_grande.jpg

plug_in_powered_badge_nissan_leaf_with_certificate_grande.jpg

Serialized card pictured above. Our hope is the serialization evokes the feeling of camaraderie and helps to unify EV owners.

You will receive:
1. One (1) Plug In Powered Badge (7"*1.2")
2. Serialized Certificate (order now to receive an early production number)
3. Warm fuzzy feeling knowing that 10% of the sale is being donated to Plug In America

Simply Click Here to Purchase your Badge today.

We look forward to having you as one of the group!

That's pretty nice. I'm just not sure that a general consumer would understand it's a plug in to electricity vehicle. The plug is in the middle of the graphic with too much else going on - all the other letters, to see it quickly, clearly and understand that it's a plug.

A variant that shows plugging in to reneawables like wind and or solar would be nice to help consumers make the full circle connection of the value of plug in cars.

(Or maybe UNPLUGGED from the foreign oil supplies! :) )

Maybe if the plug graphic is emphasized by another color like green, or otherwise emboldened to stand out fromt he rest of the graphic.

(Weird, edit buton for my own post didn't show up... Oh well...)

@electric vehicle

We appreciate the feedback. Through some customer polls, we found that some folks want a badge that is very clear and to the point. Where as others, really love the subtly of the design we came up with.

The results of our poll were greatly in favor of the subtle design so we decided that would be our first design. We will keep your recommendations in mind and contact you when we are ready for our next product offering.

Thanks again.

I like it! The negative silhouette of the E is cool. You should also make a badge we can put under our ZeroEmissions logo that says "Always!".

gascant said:
Is it in chrome? I find that chrome accents are very tough to read on my Silver LEAF.

The finish is the same chrome finish you can find on the factory "LEAF" emblem on your vehicle now.

garygid said:
When will you have a good picture of the real badge?

As soon as the first batch arrives, we will bust our butts to get some images of the badge installed on a few vehicles (one will be a leaf of course). Currently, the first batch is set to arrive by the end of this month, so it will be very soon!

TRONZ said:
I like it! The negative silhouette of the E is cool. You should also make a badge we can put under our ZeroEmissions logo that says "Always!".

Thanks! We really like how that turned out. The E symbolizes so many different things in this community.

Thanks for your recommendation. We will keep that one in mind.

I personally think replacing the ZeroEmissions logo with ours is a cleaner (and better looking) setup. :)

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to post an update that per the factory we should have the badges in hand by next Friday! We are excited to post the actual pics of the badge.

Stay tuned and continue with the preorders so you can retain a low serial number for your badge. Be one of the first!

The first shipment arrived today! Here is a quick snapshot of the badge:

photo_4_grande.jpg

Official installed pics will be posted on Monday.

Thanks guys! Here are some installed pics from the weekend.

plug_in_powered_badge_nissan_leaf_3_grande.jpg

plug_in_powered_badge_nissan_leaf_4-1_grande.jpg

plug_in_powered_badge_nissan_leaf_with_certificate_grande.jpg

You will receive the serialized card with your purchase. Our hope is the serialization evokes the feeling of camaraderie and helps to unify EV owners.

Back