9 years of Leaf 2015

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alinuxali

Salam everyone, my first post. I own a 2015 SL which I bought new and put ~35K miles a year the fist 4 years. Its now at 201400 with ~60 miles range in summer and ~25 - 40 in Wisconsin Winter. I want to know where can I get an upgraded battery in the US?

By the way I am curious how you managed to put on that many miles in that short a time in a battery powered car with at most a 90 mile range when new?

I'll put my dime on courier or taxi. I hope OP mentions how much DC charging has been done.

It will also be interesting to hear whether he springs for a LRN pack replacement. The warranty provisions are good for about a year of his driving, while the labor exclusion dilutes the warranty value.

Last edited:
Hello Alinuxali,
I have an independent EV shop in Wisconsin and do battery swaps and upgrades.

My shop is part of the Leaf Repair Network that is able install the LRN 40 kWh battery for Nissan Leafs.

- 150 mile range
- all New cells
More info is here Leaf Repair Network – Leaf Repair Nework – Independent Technicians for Nissan Leaf and Battery Repair, Battery upgrade -USA and Canada

Read through the FAQ and feel free to call me with questions. I have been working on hybrids and EVs for over 20 years. I'd be happy to talk through things with you.

Salam everyone, my first post. I own a 2015 SL which I bought new and put ~35K miles a year the fist 4 years. Its now at 201400 with ~60 miles range in summer and ~25 - 40 in Wisconsin Winter. I want to know where can I get an upgraded battery in the US?
You can consult your Mercedes-Benz dealer, who offers genuine OEM batteries designed specifically for your SL model. Although often the most expensive option, they come with a warranty and professional installation.

You can consult your Mercedes-Benz dealer, who offers genuine OEM batteries designed specifically for your SL model. Although often the most expensive option, they come with a warranty and professional installation.
I think you'll find out sooner or later that he's talking about a LEAF with the SL trim.

Back