7-Eleven DC chargers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salyavin said:
All for it, 7-11 has a bathroom and snacks if you want it. Some chargepoints I deal with are not near anything useful. I think this could be a good business move for the convenience stores as we are typically there longer than a gas fill up so may be more tempted to go in. I also don't care much about more fast chargers in a city I need them off the highway for long distance trips. I do see Uber/Lyft people hit DCFCs in town though and I would assume apartment dwellers do too.

I concur, 50 kW in urban areas is probably fine in most places, but a 7/11 (or whatever) along a highway or interstates really should be 100+ kW.
EA has 150 and 300 but they just are not enough.

Interesting that juts a few years back when i first got my Leaf I was excited with the mere possibility of 50 kW chargers in my area, but the tech on the EVS has advanced so quickly, that just isn't good enough a few years later.

Hopefully these will be the 200 amp chademo set up.

In any case more chargers is better.

Sage, yes I certainly see the excitement on the Tesla board for the prospect of ccs support. Do we think Tesla will be supporting it natively soon? (Maybe that's why they replaced the passenger lumbar support, to make cost room for it :) )

I think the dual format dc stations will be the norm for at least 1 more year.

Do we think there is any hope of Toyota bringing the Chademo equipped Rav4 prime here? They passed on the Prius Prime.

I find it Ironic that the number of Chademo model cars in Europe is actually going up, not down over this past year with the Xpeng, Lexus, and additional Mitsubishi.

If these are the same "125 kW" chargers that Chargepoint is putting up on the east coast, then the Leaf Plus won't see anything near the 73 kW max that they used to get from EA chargers before the de-rating. I tried one of these new 125 kW Chargepoint plugs recently after a long highway drive in 50 degree weather and I maxed out at 54 kW.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I think the dual format dc stations will be the norm for at least 1 more year.
These CHAdeMO orphan plugs are a downstream effect of dieselgate money.
When it is gone, so will the orphans.

Kieran973 said:
If these are the same "125 kW" chargers that Chargepoint is putting up on the east coast, then the Leaf Plus won't see anything near the 73 kW max that they used to get from EA chargers before the de-rating. I tried one of these new 125 kW Chargepoint plugs recently after a long highway drive in 50 degree weather and I maxed out at 54 kW.
https://www.chargepoint.com/products/guides/#cpe250 points to a data sheet at https://chargepoint.ent.box.com/v/CPE250-DS-EN-US which says the station's max output power is 62.5 kW.

I've used one of exactly the same style and on its LCD, it says 50 or 50.0 kW. My Bolt maxes out (on the CCS) side on those at ~46 kW.

I've maxed my Bolt out at 54 or 55 kW on EA's DC FCs and the exact CP unit at https://electricrevs.com/2018/07/17/watch-a-bolt-ev-at-a-chargepoint-express-250-charge-at-up-to-55-kw/ (unit #41 at CP HQ).

Back