$5000 off 2012 Leaf models in Inventory

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeParrott

Anybody looking for a new Leaf might want to check out this article I posted yesterday:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1077808_2012-nissan-leaf-electric-cars-offered-at-up-to-5000-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Coast Leaf shoppers might just have a timely window for a really good deal. Further this might indicate that Nissan is giving "under the table" major incentives TO DEALERS to move their Leaf stock, so ANYONE negotiating for a new Leaf should go demand this kind of discount and if their dealer will not "price match," then consider even having one delivered via flatbed if they are not too far from these "aggressive" dealers.

I am NOT a dealer/salesman, and I have Leaf VIN # 320 with now 13,000 miles of solar PV powered daily driving.

No, I would not see it in that light. The Tennessee factory is not yet up and running, and that is where I understand the US 2013 models will come from.

I believe that this is just an "overstock" issue and an experiment to try to move more vehicles to customers at a "value" that is closer to what OUR market will broadly accept.

i think it a sign that sales are slowing ELSEWHERE, most likely Japan and this is creating an oversupply. its a bit too early for YO close out sales especially since that is still 6 months away. usually price cuts for new MY happens 2-4 months early

Yeah, I'm still holding onto the hope that the 2013 model gets released in September. In an interview Gohsn said he expected Leaf sales to pick up significantly in September. I can't think of a reason they would tick up except for a new model.

gsleaf said:
Yeah, I'm still holding onto the hope that the 2013 model gets released in September. In an interview Gohsn said he expected Leaf sales to pick up significantly in September. I can't think of a reason they would tick up except for a new model.

actually Sept is the "normal" time year end incentives kick up which would give dealers 3 months to clear inventory. what we really needs is some eye witness reports from people near the plant.

they would probably know some of the people who might be working there or be abreast of local news concerning the start up, etc. guessing any plant that would launch Dec 1, would have to have workers in there at least 2-3 weeks in advance

GeorgeParrott said:
No, I would not see it in that light. The Tennessee factory is not yet up and running, and that is where I understand the US 2013 models will come from.

Do you think they'll wait till January to make the 2013's for Japan then?

DaveinOlyWA said:
i think it a sign that sales are slowing ELSEWHERE, most likely Japan and this is creating an oversupply. its a bit too early for YO close out sales especially since that is still 6 months away. usually price cuts for new MY happens 2-4 months early
FWIW, for most cars, the next model year usually starts showing up at the end of August/beginning of September.

I personally picked up my new 04 350Z around Labor Day weekend of 03. The day I drove down to Nissan of Fife to get my Z was the day Fry's on Renton, WA had its grand opening sale. I drove by in my new car to check out the line and sale. I have some pics of the line that were date stamped 8/29/03 w/my Z's mirrors visible in some of them.

Mine was the 1st 04 that my salesman "delivered".

I remember the pickings were getting slim for 03 350Zs a few months earlier, when I was shopping around, so I decided to wait for an 04 in the trim level I wanted.

I don't know the schedule for the '13 Leaf though.

Back