$5000 EV Rebate Workshop October 4, 2010

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Center4Energy

$5000 state rebate available for your new LEAF

If you are interested in applying for this rebate, you need to come to the What you need to know about the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Workshop on October 4, 2010 at the California Center for Sustainable Energy.

What is it: This workshop is targeted to individuals or fleets interested in taking advantage of the $5000 rebate available through California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Throughout the session, participants will learn more about the program including, how to register for the rebate, what vehicles are eligible and important upcoming dates. In addition to the Rebate Project, CCSE will be partnering with representatives from SDG&E to give you a better understanding of the impact these new vehicles will have on the grid as well as your energy bill. Participants will also hear from administrators of the EV Project (http://www.theEVproject.com) that are rapidly building out California’s new electric vehicle charging infrastructure.

When is it: October 4, 2010 from 6:00 to 7:30

Where is it: California Center for Sustainable Energy, 8690 Balboa Ave. Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123-1502

How do I Register: Go to http://www.energycenter.org, click on the Outreach and Education tab then the Workshops and Event Calendar and find the workshop on October 4, 2010.

If you have any questions or need any additional information please feel free to email or call David Almeida at 858-244-1190 or [email protected].

The California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE), a San Diego-based non-profit, administers the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Over the next three months, CCSE will be conducting workshops throughout the State in order to promote the Project and to educate consumers on electric vehicle technologies, new electric vehicle charging infrastructure being built across the State, and important consumer information regarding electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.

Welcome to our board.

I wish I could attend, but getting from LAX down to San Diego in time for 6pm on a Monday evening is just never going to happen. That said, I think we've been versing ourselves in the EV rebate process pretty well in last few months, and I'm not sure anything that can be said at this point will come as a surprise to us.

Well, actually, there is one thing....I would like to know when the "Apply Now" button will be activated on the CVRP website. That one scrap of information would make you a huge star here!

Kataphn: Don't worry if you can't make it. We will be heading to LA in late October and possibly in the middle of November.

smkettner: You are right, there is approximately $3.4 million in the kitty right now. However we are expecting to get a second round of funding worth around $5 million early next year.

Center4Energy said:
Kataphn: Don't worry if you can't make it. We will be heading to LA in late October and possibly in the middle of November.

smkettner: You are right, there is approximately $3.4 million in the kitty right now. However we are expecting to get a second round of funding worth around $5 million early next year.

Encouraging news. If one takes delivery of a Leaf in 2010 and there are no funds available would they still be able to apply for the funds for early 2011?

Thank you for the welcome!

I hear you, getting down to San Diego on a Monday from anywhere in LA is problematic. However, we will be holding similar workshops in the LA area in late October and the middle of November. We are still in the process of locking down the dates, but once I have them in stone I will let you all know.

I don't know if this answer will make me a huge star but I will try. The Apply Now button will go live once the first round of LEAFs are sold in California. We are expecting that this will occurr around the middle of December. With that being said, as soon as we activate the link you all will be one of the first to know.

David

Thanks for posting, C4E !

Now ... and I think you are (or should be) expecting this ...

Is the $5,000 TAXABLE (to a non-business owner or lessee on his/her personal 1040 and 540) ?

No weenie (vague, CYA) answers, please :p . Authoritative only, please. Please quote sources or backup material. If unable, please so state. Not issuing 1099s does not count. (For further info on this forum, pre-read starting on page 9 here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=887&p=24733)

Thanks. :)

By the end of 2010, there will be at least 5,000 Leafs in California. Will the center be receiving enough funds to cover this many cars?

stanley said:
By the end of 2010, there will be at least 5,000 Leafs in California. Will the center be receiving enough funds to cover this many cars?

Where did you get this number from :?: That's 5000 cars delivered in about two weeks! I mean, people are praying they get 500 into CA by the end of Dec. Don't get me wrong, 5000 THIS Dec would have Nissan and EV lovers dancing for joy! Just wondering a source?

Let's not do this again:)

Hello.
Who is it?
It's nancy Nissan Calling.
Yes?
I wanted to tell you there will be 1000 Leafs in CA this year
Great! 10,000, that makes me happy
No, 1000
What? 100,000? Sorry I have to go, someone is at the door.
"click"

I will want to reserve my rebate about 10 days BEFORE I take delivery.

Shouldn't the "apply" button be enabled about 2 weeks before customer deliveries, perhaps in early December when the first CA dealer gets their "demo" LEAF?

A CCSE rep at Street Smart told me you need the VIN # to be able to apply for the $5K. Will we be getting our VIN #'s in advance?

Randy said:
A CCSE rep at Street Smart told me you need the VIN # to be able to apply for the $5K. Will we be getting our VIN #'s in advance?

Only if you paid the VIP fee:) I can get you your vin for $20 in advance or you could just ask your dealer.

Good Morning All,

mwalsh is right, you need to have the VIN number before you can apply for the rebate. It is our understanding that you will only recieve your VIN number at the point of purchase. So, unfortunately you will not be able to reserve your rebate.

Sorry for the typo on my previous thread. It should have read 2011 instead 0f 2010. It appears that the Center will have, at best, funds for less than 3,000 Leafs in 2011. How likely is it that there will be additional funding beyond the $5,000,000 that the the Center may receive in 2011

Back